Lake St.Clair NSW

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

Goodoo
Angler
Angler

Lake St.Clair NSW

Post by Goodoo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 am

Went for a fish at Lake St.Clair yesterday afternoon.Arrived at the Dam around lunchtime, which may have been a bit early.Trolled and cast lures along likely looking banks until about 3pm then pulled up to a snag in a sheltered bay and dropped a Yabby over the side.About 30 seconds later I had my first Bass for the day.It wasn't big, 27cm, but it was still a fish.Not long after I scored another Bass, this time a bit bigger at 32cm and a good Yellowbelly that went 52cm.
Things went a bit quiet after that so I started trolling again for no results.
I didn't get anymore fish until about half an hour after the sun had set.I seen a few fish taking moths and other bugs off the surface so I pulled into the bank and began stalking the rising fish using a Rebel Bumblebug.I removed the 2 trebles off the lure and replaced the tail hook with a larger treble and left the belly hook hanger free.In the end I ended up catching 6 more Bass on the Rebel and losing just as many.These night time Bass were a better class of fish with most of them being in the high 30's to low 40's.I had forgotten how hard these little buggers can pull on a light spin stick with 6 pound braid.Things will only get better as the weather warms up.Unfortunately, I let the camera in the boat while I was walking the bank so I didn't get any photo's of the lure caught fish.I wasn't walking back to the boat to get the camera with hungry Bass rising all around me.All the fish were in great condition,plenty of tucker about since the water levels have risen ,and they are carrying roe which added to there weight.
Here's some pics of some Bass and the Yella.

Cheers'
Goodoo
Wishin' I was Fishin'.

flat rock
Angler
Angler

Re: Lake St.Clair NSW

Post by flat rock » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:12 am

Nice work mate,well done

Goodoo
Angler
Angler

Post by Goodoo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Spent a few hours at the Lake this arvo and managed to catch another 13 Bass and 1 lone Yella.All fish were caught on a Strike Pro Pygmy apart from 1 which took a small Whitty's Dee-Bob.Not a lot of size to the fish but they still pull hard and are great fun.
Wishin' I was Fishin'.

Goodoo
Angler
Angler

Post by Goodoo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 am

Had another crack at St.Clair yesterday arvo/evening for a tally of 26 Bass.Had 15 in the first hour and a half, all taken trolling on a Marz Bumble Bee in purple.The rest were off the surface on a Predatek Spaddler.Biggest fish gave 40 a nudge but most were around 27-32cm.Missed and dropped a couple of beauties on the surface though.Some weed beds are starting to form and alot of fish are hunting over these in low light conditions.
Wishin' I was Fishin'.

Goodoo
Angler
Angler

Post by Goodoo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:51 am

A few pics from Tuesday.

Wishin' I was Fishin'.

Rupe
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Rupe » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:23 pm

i told you purple lures were the way to go!

Goodoo
Angler
Angler

Post by Goodoo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Mate, the purple lure has been smashin 'em.Took the missus out yesterday and she caught 8 to my 6, all on a purple lure.I went out again today and caught another 13,dropped 7 and got busted off once.
Wishin' I was Fishin'.

biddo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by biddo » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Some great size bass there, Nice colour in those pics!

crankin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by crankin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:00 am

good wrk mate

DylanW
Angler
Angler

Post by DylanW » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:36 am

some nice bass there