Hungry Bass

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

Big_unit

Re: Hungry Bass

Post by Big_unit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:30 am

Another quality report from the Tagged stable of fishing reports.

Top effort mate.

Cheers
James

amdoubleu
Beginner
Beginner

Post by amdoubleu » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Assuming that you observed the bag limit restrictions and released the majority of those fish, I suggest you make an effort to read the many articles on correct procedures for treating fish to be released, or did I miss something???

amdoubleu
Beginner
Beginner

Post by amdoubleu » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:58 pm

James and "tagged": I guess my last post won't be published. That's fine, I would however appreciate a PM even explaining why "Tagged" chose to use the forum as a personal "Brag" board, and, secondly, if those fish were tagged and released, anyone who would profess to have the fish's welfare in mind would have tagged and got them back in the water, certainly not lined them up on the carpet for a "family" photo. I assume if you have tags you are part of ANSA or a group approved by Bill, consequently I find your actions @ odds to my experience of the process. I would appreciate a reply on this matter.
Thanks,
AMW

Tony Payne
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Post by Tony Payne » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Great effort mate, but something just doesn't look right in that picture !
Cheers Tony

TonyM
Angler
Angler

Post by TonyM » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:57 pm

amdoubleu wrote:James and "tagged": I guess my last post won't be published. That's fine, I would however appreciate a PM even explaining why "Tagged" chose to use the forum as a personal "Brag" board, and, secondly, if those fish were tagged and released, anyone who would profess to have the fish's welfare in mind would have tagged and got them back in the water, certainly not lined them up on the carpet for a "family" photo. I assume if you have tags you are part of ANSA or a group approved by Bill, consequently I find your actions @ odds to my experience of the process. I would appreciate a reply on this matter.
Thanks,
AMW
AMW - Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with your desire to see fish released healthily, I think having a personal jab by making the comment about being a personal brag board is way off the mark - Play the ball and not the man is the way I believe real sportsmen think. Did you notice that it was posted in the public reports section - I thought that's what the reports section was about?

Craig - Fantastic results, and I think it's great that you fessed up to an opportunity to improve your fish handling when picked up on it. Personally I try to keep any time a fish is out of water down to the bare minimum, unless it's for the pan and then despatch it quickly and into a slurry - a neat trick is to hold your breath while you have them out - shouldn't forget that way!
Cheers,
Tony

amdoubleu
Beginner
Beginner

Post by amdoubleu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Tony, that is what I thought,and prompted me to write what I did. Those fish look pretty "unwell". Pretty pssspoor if it was just for a "brag on the net" session. Looking forwaed to an explanation.

StreamDance
Beginner
Beginner

Post by StreamDance » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 pm

These reports are unreal! Well done on another awesome session mate.

crankin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by crankin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 am

great session mate

DylanW
Angler
Angler

Post by DylanW » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:45 pm

impressive haul mate