Tathra-Bega River

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

explorer385
Beginner
Beginner

Tathra-Bega River

Post by explorer385 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 am

Now that i've settled into my new abode at Tathra after holidaying here a couple of times and loving the south coast of NSW i thought i would post a few pics of my better catches in the Bega river.
A couple of details first. I've got a Quinne 385 Explorer with a 25HP Yamaha and Minn Kota iPilot. The boat is VERY basic but i am in the process of putting in a casting deck and pedestal seat to make life a bit more comfortable for me. As time goes on i will add things i should have, like a sounder :lol:
Anyway, here are a few pics of my better catches so far.

I caught the jewie while having a go for Eustary Perch or Bream. It was 96cm so around 20lb. It was the second one i caught within a week doing the same thing in almost the same spot. The first one was around 15lb. The first one we ate ,the second one i let go. I was using a Daiwa Black Label 3-5lb rod with a Steez 2500, 10lb braid and 10lb fluro leader. A bit heavy i know, but will drop down once the braid needs to be replaced. The lure was a Squidgey 80mm bloodworm wriggler. It was the same one i got the EP on. The EP was 40cm and the Flattie is 75cm.