Bundy inshore

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

chrisfish
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Bundy inshore

Post by chrisfish » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Went to work yesterday and rob told me that there were tuna busting up all over the place and even showed me some video that he took of it that morning. Struggled to get through the day after that. Told the guys that I would not be working today so they both came fishing with me.
Put in at elliott heads at 6am and went around the front of innes park and started throwing some plastics. About 20 min after we got there I put in a cast which was smashed as soon as it hit the water. I thought here we go - tuna , when all of a sudden a huge queenfish jumped with a double flip. Awesome I thought and after a bit of a struggle had a 1.07m queenfish aboard.
I hooked a tuna which went for a few runs before pulling the hooks , meanwhile rob landed 3 tuna all around 80cm on livebait.
Peter kept going with plastics and had a hook up which pulled and then landed a nice tuna as well.
I had one more hookup which ended up busting me off after a few runs.
Sure beat going to work.
Chris

ronnien
Angler
Angler

Post by ronnien » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:45 pm

nice queenie u got there, & sure does bet work.

ron.
all reels screaming aboard paintedfish.

chrisfish
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by chrisfish » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:40 pm

thanks ron , from all reports there are still heaps of mack and longtail tuna about with a few mackeral and queenfish thrown in. Will be going out this arvo to try for a few off the rocks.
Landbased tuna fishing is heaps of fun.
Chris

ronnien
Angler
Angler

Post by ronnien » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:42 pm

chris, landbased tuna would b fun but nowhere in t"ville u can do this.
as for the queene"s great fun, me & my young falla have been having alot of fun with them. last month we were out & my daughter was lifting her live herring out of the water & was hit by a monster, the rod hit the side of the boat & broke! hope u did well today, windy as & raining up here :( .

ron.
all reels screaming aboard paintedfish.