I want to catch a yellow fin tuna off noosa

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

mitch fisho

I want to catch a yellow fin tuna off noosa

Post by mitch fisho » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 pm

i want to fish off noosa to get some yellow fin tuna i have a 4.1 tinny with a 30 yamaha on the back goes well what is the best way to go about it :?

fishconnect
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by fishconnect » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:21 pm

I would be a bit suss at taking a 4.1m tinny over the bar at Noosa! in all conditions.... Try Point Cartwright instead.

Willy
Beginner
Beginner

Re: I want to catch a yellow fin tuna off noosa

Post by Willy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:52 pm

you need to look at your wind charts for the past and upcoming week. you need to tackle them in summer . summer is windy!. i used to take a 14 ft cruise craft rogue with a 70 hp and even that sucked with a bit weather. i decked it out for tuna fishing in morton bay . got rid of the back to back seats put in swivel seats and fitted a 70 tank under the floor. i used about 100 of fuel every trip so take a spare tank. The best way to search for them is follow the sea gulls . if you see a large flock going in circles they are underneath them. they are your eyes for finding the schools. i use a tss4 spinning reel and a 9.9 comp blank custom built rod with 20 mono. get your self a few helco twister's 70gm slugs. and cast the hell out of it in the school you will know they are there because the water looks like it is boiling like a pot of water. after you cast retrieve like your life depended on it and hold on for the chase. u will need something a little more then a net to land them or swift tail crab is always fun but don't fall in. good luck don't get hurt its only fishing.

lordhell
Beginner
Beginner

Re: I want to catch a yellow fin tuna off noosa

Post by lordhell » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:15 am

You are very lucky to live where yellowfin tuna can be caught near shore. We make 200 mile runs over here to get to them.