Brissy river monday 8 July

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

nadders
Angler
Angler

Brissy river monday 8 July

Post by nadders » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Went out for an early morning session on monday, with a good result!

We started at the front wall, tried a few drifts but the wind was getting annoying so we anchored up. Managed 1 bream before the pike found their way in, then we proceeded to catch about 30 pike on small slugs within 10 minutes lol. We kept about 10 for bait then moved on to the wharves.

Dropped the pike down and had 2 decent runs, one hooked up and went for a screaming run before the hooks pulled, and the second just didn't hook up at all. We made the decision to move just as the tide started running out a bit, and do some drifts along the oil pipeline

starting the drift at the bend, as the tide was quite high and only starting to run out we kept relatively shallow and drifted just along the 4m mark. I threw a couple of casts with a jackall tranzam when on my third cast, which landed about 5cm away from the pilons of the pipeline, went tap....tap after getting 1/4 of the way back to the boat. i was distracted and chatting to decky at the time hah but quickly paid attention when my 6-10kilo rod loaded right up and i leaned into it to get the hooks in.

An at times tense fight which was done all in the shallows (which is different for me, i've caught about 12 threadies all up but this was my first on a lure, all the other threadies i've got have slogged it out deep wherever I caught them) before we got a look at the fish, who as quickly as we could blink decided he wanted to get away again lol. so another few minutes and he was boatside

hooked right in the hard bit of the lip, which was fortunate as i was running 20lb leader and it was a decent thready (110cm) we got one rushed photo before putting him back in. No coaxing required he just shot away after biting down hard on my finger!

if you look closely you can just see the green tranzam on his bottom lip

Anyway thats my first report and i'm so stoked to have got one on a lure, even more stoked that he swam away so easily and i cant wait to go out and throw some more lures around the place, so much more satisfying and i rate that fish as my overall favourite so far!

T Whyte
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Brissy river monday 8 July

Post by T Whyte » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:06 pm

nice one nadders, how your boat going?

nadders
Angler
Angler

Post by nadders » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 pm

boat is going well mate, no dramas at all.

Are you Troy? as in sold me the electric motor? hahah

if so, I got it installed for me as i'm not too handy with that kinda thing and didn't want to screw anything up.

It's running very well and is not taking nearly as much juice as i expected. Have only really tested it in good conditions once, all the other times its been too windy for my liking but still held our drift alright so yeah all is well in the good ship lollipop

T Whyte
Beginner
Beginner

Post by T Whyte » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:41 am

yeah its me mate, good to hear things worked out for you