Threadfin's Greatest Fear.

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

blue_mako
Angler
Angler

Threadfin's Greatest Fear.

Post by blue_mako » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

A mate of mine made up a few new lures which have been working a treat on the Threadfin. Got hit first drop with one after having a quick jig to see how they swum. Didn't take long to miss a few more fish then finally convert a hit to a hook up after changing from singles to trebles. Pulled the hooks soon after which was starting to get annoying but finally stuck to this 80cm fish.

Kept the trebles on even though I knew it probably wasn't for the best. As you'd expect after a spot change, first drop got hammered big time by a good fish. The 1x Owners only just managed to hold up. Usually they give you a crap hook up and this fish was no exception, nor was the one earlier. If I had pulled any harder I would have torn them free and if I gave the fish any slack they would have easily fallen straight out. Fish was released after a quick measure and photo.

Landed these two fish the night before on 1/2 oz. TT Lures Switch Blades. Both went around 85-90ish cm.

Ended up having a second session with the prototype lures the very next night after success and landed two small ones at around 65cm and 75cm. Some random got a shot of the 75cm fish and said he'd email it since I forgot my camera but I haven't received anything yet. Will be sure to put it up if I get it although it was only a small fish.

Troy

nadders
Angler
Angler

Re: Threadfin's Greatest Fear.

Post by nadders » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:20 am

nice fish! thanks for the pre-work read. good to see they are loving the custom lures.

blue_mako
Angler
Angler

Post by blue_mako » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 am

nadders wrote:nice fish! thanks for the pre-work read. good to see they are loving the custom lures.
Cheers mate. Did you get any fish on them the other day? Or was it only Chen?

To be honest I didn't think he could pull it off but they came out great and he's only just started. He's got a few small improvements which should make them a stack load better.

Troy

nadders
Angler
Angler

Post by nadders » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 am

i didn't have one to swim mate, only kev did. But it was kinda good that way, comparing them side by side. We both got a few hits, kev definately got a few more than me but its hard to say if thats because he was using 15 or 20lb fluro instead of 40lb tough trace. On fish stakes it ended up 1 threadfin 1 tailor for me, 2 threadfin 1 cod and a little soapie for kev. and that squid hahahah

the custom lure on visual definately has a more pronounced action due to the different material used

we might go for a session mid next week so we'll do another comparison i reckon, both running the same leader and see what gets the most strikes

andallthatwillbe

Post by andallthatwillbe » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:41 pm

great fish there and on home made lures to well done

Tagged

Post by Tagged » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Well done on being able to make that lure and catch fish on it.
Tagged and Released