Paradise Dam, Biggenden, Qld.

Been fishing recently? .... Post the results of your latest trip.

Moderator: Big_unit

Big_unit

Paradise Dam, Biggenden, Qld.

Post by Big_unit » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Ducked out to the west today for a look around at Paradise Dam out near Biggenden, noticed a few things have changed there since my last visit earlier this year.

For those that dont know -

1) Kiosk is open.
2) Dam level has risen significantly. 72% capacity. Boat ramp is in operation, no more dirt launches.
3) Camping is allowed, the caravan park will open shortly.
4) Fishing is OK according to a few guys I spoke too. Bass & Barra are being caught on lures and yellowbelly are being taken on live baits in good numbers. Fork tail catfish are very active throughout the dam.
5) Fish lift seemed to actually operate, we watched the basket go up the wall then it was winched down into the dam.

The place looked really good and the campers all seemed very happy.

Cheers
James

Big_unit

Re: Paradise Dam, Biggenden, Qld.

Post by Big_unit » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:20 am

Got out there for a crack again, yellowbelly came thick and fast in the early hours. Got absolutely smashed on a crackin snag, I can only ASSUME it was a barra. Got some air time briefly but not enough light to make a positive ID.

Cheers
James

carfen
Beginner
Beginner

Post by carfen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am

Hi James,

I'm a salty yakker but planning a trip to either fish Awoonga or Paradise. A newbie to this type of fishing. What would be the better time of year to have a go at a Barra at Paradise as I can't find too much info about it?

Cheers Jake

Big_unit

Post by Big_unit » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:34 pm

carfen wrote:Hi James,

I'm a salty yakker but planning a trip to either fish Awoonga or Paradise. A newbie to this type of fishing. What would be the better time of year to have a go at a Barra at Paradise as I can't find too much info about it?

Cheers Jake

In short, I dont really know the answer to your question. As a rule of thumb barra are best targeted in the warmer months.

Although if I was planning a trip in the fresh to target barra I would be inclined to head too a known quantity such as Lake Monduran or Lake Awoonga.

Cheers
James

carfen
Beginner
Beginner

Post by carfen » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks for the reply James. Planning a trip just after xmas up to Agnes waters, so will probably look at stop off at Monduran on the way through.

Cheers Jake

Big_unit

Post by Big_unit » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Lets us know how you go, if you want to post up any reports on trips between now and then it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
James