Surf casting soft plastics and metals

Discuss surfcasting and and all other things related to surf fishing here.

Moderator: John Softly

BillyMako

Surf casting soft plastics and metals

Post by BillyMako » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Hey,
I am looking for a rod to suit my Certate 3500HD for casting soft plastics and 20-40gram metals off the beach for Salmon.

I was thinking about a Nitro Sniper, are these any good for what I want to do?

Thanks

spinman
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Surf casting soft plastics and metals

Post by spinman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:45 am

"Hi mate ... not sure on the stick you mention but i use a starlo shore spin 9" with a daiwa 4000 exceler plus loaded with 12lb pink low streach and on the spare spool i run penn 10x, i use 20 lb vanish & 30 lb penn 10X leader on my double, i dont use gel spun on this outfit as my salmon lure casting has me on the rocks aswell ..not a good mix.

The starlo shore spin 9'' is a wicked surf/rock stick that can cast a 35g sniper a long long way out, for samon and big talior this rod has more than enought grunt to do these fellows over, not to mention snapper/kings/jew/travaley and more.
Truly love this rod and i all so have the 11 footer and that is a realy nice bait rod to use on the beach....awesome.

A couple of sticks i am super keen to have a cast with are the daiwa "seajigger SJ 305 10'' 12-20lb and the ian miller TIRALEJO 900 spin 12-20lb.
I wish mr miller would do a 9'' 12-20lb mexican fire Raider .... now that would be a wicked stick that one.

cheers mate .... Dave