Slap in the face for kayak ABT competetors by sponsors.

Information and results for the Hobie BREAM Kayak series can be found on the BREAM (www.bream.com.au) website. Discuss any BREAM Kayak topics here.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

shortytheyakker
Beginner
Beginner

Slap in the face for kayak ABT competetors by sponsors.

Post by shortytheyakker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 am

Just so sponsors are aware the kayak ABT competetors consider sponsors of the ABT sponsor programs who write prizes for boaters and no boaters only,well we find it in very poor taste seeing the last time the ABT bream was soley for boats was back in 2008,personally i will be boycotting those lures,rods etc who thumb they noses at kayak competetors as i find the whole thing very offensive.

Another question we would like answered is the sponsors that have left the offers open for all and not singled out kayakers,lets use Bassday lures as an example (anybody that uses a bassday lure at any qualifying round and wins will recieve $1000 worth of Bassday lure) seeing some have left the offer open like that will they be honouring them when its time for a kayak bream quailfing winner to pick up the prizes ? cheers,,,

Steve Morgan
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Re: Slap in the face for kayak ABT competetors by sponsors.

Post by Steve Morgan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Shorty,

I'm not in the office ATM, but will be back soon.

The Sponsor Bonuses are for the BREAM and BASS Pro series. They are offered as extras from series sponsors of these events and are sometimes boater/sometimes boater and non boater.

The ABT BREAM Kayak events only have 4 sponsors - Hobie, Daiwa, Berkley and Hogs Breath Cafe. All of these provide product and cash that's distributed through the events in the prize packs - or through things like providing boats to fish the GF from or the Boss Hog cash prizes.

I'm sure as support from the Kayak series grows, sponsors will start offering incentives.

Remember that the powerboat series is 10 years old and the Kayak series isn't a year old yet .... it's not apples for apples.

Please don't be a glass-half-empty person. Positive attitides satisfy sponsors and kayak tournaments are growing as fast as the powerboat ones were a decade ago.

Cheers,

SM
ABT
ph:(07) 3387 0888
fax: (07) 3887 0889

shortytheyakker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by shortytheyakker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Steve,its a bit of a negative thread i guess , i would like to see a few more sponsors re the Kayak ABT, but as you said its early days yet and it will come,,,

I was hopeing i would delete this thread before anybody replied, but i promise to be a glass full person from now on ,,, 8)

Steve Fields
Angler
Angler

Post by Steve Fields » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 am

shortytheyakker wrote:Just so sponsors are aware the kayak ABT competetors consider sponsors of the ABT sponsor programs who write prizes for boaters and no boaters only,well we find it in very poor taste seeing the last time the ABT bream was soley for boats was back in 2008,personally i will be boycotting those lures,rods etc who thumb they noses at kayak competetors as i find the whole thing very offensive.

Another question we would like answered is the sponsors that have left the offers open for all and not singled out kayakers,lets use Bassday lures as an example (anybody that uses a bassday lure at any qualifying round and wins will recieve $1000 worth of Bassday lure) seeing some have left the offer open like that will they be honouring them when its time for a kayak bream quailfing winner to pick up the prizes ? cheers,,,
Shorty,

From the beginning Hobie put it's hand up and reached in it's pocket to get the series going. The first year saw 5 events, this year we will see 14 events.

Each year we look for new sponsors. We have been lucky to have Diawa, Purefishing, Hogs all on side.

Each year we chase others. Bagging those who support ABT boat events is not going to help us (kayaks) when we ask for support for the 2011/12 season kayak season.

Steve Fields