West Lakes comp and pics

Information and results for the Hobie BREAM Kayak series can be found on the BREAM (www.bream.com.au) website. Discuss any BREAM Kayak topics here.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

macman67
Beginner
Beginner

West Lakes comp and pics

Post by macman67 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 am

Hi all just a quick note re the comp on the weekend which was my first fishing comp ever.
Firstly - Thanks!
To the organisers, sponsors and all the guys who traveled from interstate to be there it was fantastic experience, although I have 2 big donuts to my name (which isnt fair as in the prefish I got a 30cm fat bream!)
Had a bit of drool factor going with all the hobies and the gear there.
It was a shame yesterday was so hot with very little wind and sunny as that wouldnt have helped I dont think.
Well done to the SA guys for getting in amongst the prizes - also a great thanks for BINKS for the great BBQ breakie and lunch - much appreciated.
although there wernt many sa enties I think the next one will rock I know of 4 guys who would have loevd to have been in it but couldnt because of other comitments - maybe it could be promoted in more general mediums tackle shops etc.
I really look forward to more comps if anyone wants any pics from the weekend please let me know
cheers