2010 Hobie-ABT Kayak Series GRAND FINAL FAQ's

Information and results for the Hobie BREAM Kayak series can be found on the BREAM (www.bream.com.au) website. Discuss any BREAM Kayak topics here.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

Steve Fields
Angler
Angler

2010 Hobie-ABT Kayak Series GRAND FINAL FAQ's

Post by Steve Fields » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:59 am

Hobie ABT Grand Final FAQ’s (as of March 16, 2010)

Q: Can I use my own kayak?
A: No

-----------------

Q: I own a Hobie Pro-Angler, can I use it vs. factory supplied?
A: No

----------------

Q: Do I need a NSW fishing License?
A: Yes. Whatever state we have the GF in, if the state requires one, then yes.

----------------

Q: Can I use the factory supplied boat on the Pre-Fish day?
A: Yes, Hobie will set a pre-fish time very soon in which you can use the kayak.

----------------

Q: Will I need to charge the battery?
A: The batteries will come charged however it is the responsibly of each competitor to charge them each day/night. Hobie will supply a charger.

----------------

Q: Can I take the kayak back to my accommodation?
A: No, the kayaks will be returned each day/night to the holding area (which we will announce).

----------------

Q: What gear do I need to bring?
A: Fishing gear, PFD type 1, and a NSW Fishing License.

----------------

Q: What does the kayak come with?
A: I detailed view of the bow and stern can be found here http://www.hobiecat.com.au/images/fishi ... w_anno.jpg and http://www.hobiecat.com.au/images/fishi ... n_anno.jpg

----------------

Q: Does the kayak come with storage for my lures?
A: Yes, details are here http://www.hobiecat.com.au/images/fishi ... _hatch.jpg

----------------

Q: Can I take the centre removable Tackle Box back to my accommodation each day/night?
A: Yes. This will allow you to carry a section of lures / line / etc using the supplied equipment.

----------------

Q: Can I use my own tackle box and not use the supplied gear for my line and lures?
A: Yes

----------------

Q: Can I fit a sounder
A: You can bring your own sounder provided that no holes are drilled in the kayak and that transducers are glued in. As long as no damage or marking is done to the fitting of the sounder, it should be no problem. Any further question on this, please contact me direct. Ask and please do not assume.

----------------

Q: Will the ProA come with wheels?
A: Yes, we will provide wheels which can be shared in the fleet.

----------------

Q: I have never used a Hobie Live well, can I use my own?
A: No, only factory supplied equipment can be used.

----------------

Q: I have never used a Hobie Live well or Hobie kayak before, will I get instructions?
A: Yes, Hobie staff will outline the correct use of all equipment.

----------------

Q: Do I get to choose what colour kayak I will be using?
A: No, the factory will issue these. At this state, round winners will all be in Papaya (yellow) kayaks.

----------------

Q: How can I find out about session times?
A: From the official PDF file which can be found here http://bream.com.au/abt/2010/Hobiegf.pdf

----------------

Q: Where do I stay during the event?
A: I would suggest the Forster Beach Caravan Park, Forster, Free Call 1800 240 632.

----------------

Q: Is there an entry fee?
A: Yes, as listed in the PDF (see above)

----------------

Q: If I have more questions, who do I contact?
A: The best option is not to rely on public forums. I would suggest that you contact the ABT on (07) 3387 0888 (about tournament rules, entry or procedure) or Hobie Fishing on 02 44 418 400 (ext 108) for questions about kayak and logistics.

----------------

Q: Does the ABT have a kayak forum in which to post questions?
A: Yes, the official ABT / Hobie kayak forum is viewforum.php?f=19

----------------

Q: In some of the rounds, I see that you can Pro-up. Will this apply to the GF?
A: Yes however instead of $50.00 as per other rounds, the GF Pro-Up will be $100.00

----------------

Q: What is Forster like to Fish? I have never been to Forster.
A: Forster is a great fishery. You have racks, flats, weed beds, rock walls. If you want to find out what has been successful in BREAM events at Forster in the past, search for event reports on the http://www.bream.com.au site.

----------------

Q: Does ABT / Hobie have a set of kayak rules?
A: Yes we do. Details can be found here http://bream.com.au/abt/2009/kayakrules.pdf

----------------

Q: In the rules in says Big Bream will be $500 however in the current PDF regarding the GF it says $250 each day.
A: We changed the pay-out for this year’s GF to $250 per day. This will perhaps allow a better opportunity for everyone to bring home some cash.

----------------

Q: Is there a pre-fish ban?
A: Yes, see official PDF which provides the dates on the pre-fish ban.

----------------

Q: When will I be notified about my spot?
A: Invitations will be sent out after the final qualifying round at Camden Haven in April, in the mean-time here's all the information you'll need to know to start getting ready.
If you know that you definitely cannot come - but have already qualified - please let ABT know ASAP. This lets us get the next in line ready to come.

Rodman
Beginner
Beginner

Re: 2010 Hobie-ABT Kayak Series GRAND FINAL FAQ's

Post by Rodman » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Good stuff Steve, plenty of useful info there. But tell me, did someone really ask if they could choose the colour of the kayak, or are you just pulling our collective legs? :lol:

mattyp

Post by mattyp » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Greg Lewis asked for a pink one!!! :lol: :lol:

Steve Fields
Angler
Angler

Post by Steve Fields » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:35 am

Steve Fields wrote:Hobie ABT Grand Final FAQ’s (as of March 16, 2010)

Q: Can I fit a sounder
A: You can bring your own sounder provided that no holes are drilled in the kayak and that transducers are glued in. As long as no damage or marking is done to the fitting of the sounder, it should be no problem. Any further question on this, please contact me direct. Ask and please do not assume.

[/b]
Q: The ProA comes with removable mounting boards, can I purchase my own mounting boards from Hobie, then drill and fit my sounder to my own boards, then replace the mounting boards after the comp with the orginal ones?

A: Yes, We will allow the mounting boards to be removed and replaced with customers own gear provided the factory ones are replaced after the event. Only Hobie mounting boards can be used ex-Hobie.

Another option we would suggest either a clamp / ram (PN 72023017) fitting on the side handles or using the accessory tube wedge on the mast step (front of boat, behind the hatch).

Any questions call me at work 02 44 418 400 ext 108

Cheers
Steve

Steve Fields
Angler
Angler

Post by Steve Fields » Mon May 10, 2010 12:45 pm

added FAQ's

Re: Hobie ABT Grand Final
by SteveFields » Mon May 10, 2010 12:44 pm

justcrusin wrote:
Q/ What if we use our own kayaks for the prefish?

Q/ What happens if allocation takes time and we don't get on the water till say 9:00 are we then allowed to prefish until 4:00

Q/ What if people are flying in on friday and wanted to prefish friday arvo ??

A/ Yes, you can use your own kayak (some I'm told are using a power boat for pre-fish)

A/ We are very good at getting kayaks allocated. If everyone is on location at 7am, we start at 7:30, it will not take long to call out a name and number (kayak). Easy as.

A/ The standard ABT pre-fish is sun-up to sundown. Again, you can use your own kayak.

In the FAQ on this site and the offical site:
Q: Can I use the factory supplied boat on the Pre-Fish day?
A: Yes, Hobie will set a pre-fish time very soon in which you can use the kayak.

This was posted April 26 for all to read

This time line has been set.

Steve Fields
Angler
Angler

Post by Steve Fields » Mon May 10, 2010 2:19 pm

added FAQ's May 10, 2010 2:16 PM

Q: I own a ProAngler, and my sounder is mounted on the hand rails (grab rails). Can I just take mine off and use mine during the comp?

A: NO Jason.

You can use a ram mount clamp or similar to install your gear. The grab rails must not be removed.

Only the mounting boards can we swapped out.

Q: where are the flags mounted for the round winners.
A: On your boat Jason, one in each aft rod holder.