Bream fishing to its finest

Have your say, share ideas, tell the tales .....

Moderator: Big_unit

Bream 23
Beginner
Beginner

Bream fishing to its finest

Post by Bream 23 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Bream fishing is fun, enjoyable and the species that attracts the tournament anglers from all over the country. Catching these magnificant fish can be lots of fun, but the one problem that many people find is that they can be really hard to find or get to bite the lure. lets start with location, it's all about the location. for example if it is high tide the bream might be hanging aroung in a shallow bay feeding on crabs and worms or if the water is about 30 cm over some racks try a surface lure and try your luck. Bream love hanging around oyster racks, so why not give it a go with a soft plastic or a small hard bodied lure. now lets move onto the tackle part. if you are fishing very clear water you would want to use very light braid with 2lb leader. The bream can be very picky so you have to fool them with the light line. dirty water I would move on to 6lb braid with 4lb leader. now the more crucial part of the bream fishing is what lures to use. Well it depends on whats your fishing. you might want to use soft plastics, shallow diving hard bodies or even a surface lure. all i can say is use lure that you know work and have faith in and cast them into the drop zone. if nothing try another one untill you catch that sucessful fish.

Regards Chris
The Bream Master

johnus
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Bream fishing to its finest

Post by johnus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for the great tips Chris. Will keep that in mind when I go breaming next time.

ben78
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ben78 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Great tips i will put them to good use. Cheers Ben
soft plastics and lures only (no bait required)

s_robbs
Beginner
Beginner

Post by s_robbs » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 am

Thanks for the tips guys
Sam