Soft Plastic Storage

Have your say, share ideas, tell the tales .....

Moderator: Big_unit

12longs

Soft Plastic Storage

Post by 12longs » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Hey there,
I've always kept my plastics in there original packaging (especially my Gulps because they tend to dry out easily) but im getting pretty sick and tired of carrying around a million packs. I've noticed that in the U.S they tend to keep there plastics in a plano tray or something similar. Do you think this will ruin my plastics; i.e. lose their scent, dry out etc? (obviously im not including gulps in this because they're obvious but for things like squidgies etc.). :)

Cheers

s_robbs
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Soft Plastic Storage

Post by s_robbs » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:52 am

I keep all my squidgys in trays mate and they keep fine
Sam

Butters

Post by Butters » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Make sure when buying trays for plastics that you get ones made from worm proof plastic because some trays will melt
From the oils/scents on the plastics

Cheers

Brad07

Post by Brad07 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:49 pm

I keep my gulps in plano strorage containers half filled with gulp recharge juice with no issues.. Squidgies, Z-mans, Bozos are kept in trays or in there packets in my soft plastic wallets..

clutter
Angler
Angler

Post by clutter » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 pm

I like the Plano storage system these days for the gulps and like the others I use trays for the rest of them. I did try the Berkley Gelp trays but found them to be useless and have just thrown out another lot of gulps I had in them. Total waste of money for both the trays and the plastics I've thrown out.

Clutter

crankybream
Angler
Angler

Post by crankybream » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm

I keep my gulps in the air tight containers you get from Woolies for around $10 bucks, does the job for me

ratbags
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ratbags » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm

I use the Tupperware containers with the rubber seal. Keeps the gulps and their juice all in he container. Like others have said, the Plano boxes are great for all other sp. just keep them separated as the colours will run and diff brands have diff recipes and when mixed destroy your plastics.

moorak
Beginner
Beginner

Post by moorak » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 pm

just use hard bodies! :p

Daiwa

Post by Daiwa » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:25 pm

For gulps, I've been using gulp alive bait mangement system boxes and so far so good - No leaks yet.

lukereneeseth
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lukereneeseth » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:41 pm

just use a plano box and put 2 of each in when you go fishing, then put them back when you get home. Gulp have to be kept in moisture of they will dry out. Zman and Squidgy can be left dry. But don't mix zman with any other plastic of they will fuse together.