Karumba QLD

Have your say, share ideas, tell the tales .....

Moderator: Big_unit

hurricane
Beginner
Beginner

Karumba QLD

Post by hurricane » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:38 am

Hi everybody
The wife and I are heading to Karumba for the month of May, we have not been here before but we have fished the NT for barra and Jacks and the like.
Can any body give us some reference to what reefs/holes are worth taking a look at.
We have our own boat 455 bay raider set up for some boat based camping .
We are staying at Karumba point van park as a base but would like to spend a few days at a time camping from the boat.
The boat has a 50 horse mariner with a 60l tank so we should be able to travel about 40 n/miles each way
We will be chasing the obviuos fish but would like to try for some black jew and maybe some spanyards and snapper
Any info will be greatly appreciated
Cheers

Williath
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Karumba QLD

Post by Williath » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 pm

Head up into van diemens inlet or even further up to duck/Gilbert and you will find some good barra fishing!

hurricane
Beginner
Beginner

Post by hurricane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:47 am

Cheers Will any idea how far north or are they marked on map?

Williath
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Williath » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:49 am

They are marked on a map. There was an article published a while ago called gulf barra oddyssey or something like that where a guy towed a big boat and a few smaller boats up from Townsville. Would give you a rough idea of logistics and an idea of what the fishing would be like

Williath
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Williath » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 am

There are a few wrecks off the coast there that fish well if you can get someone to help you out with the marks. Good for spanish and chopper!

hurricane
Beginner
Beginner

Post by hurricane » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Gday will only 3 weeks till I leave , I have found all these places on the map and spoke to the people at van park I'm
staying at and they say they can help me out with some gps co-ordinates so all is good so far
just 24 sleeps to go :lol: