Legend boats

Ask questions, relay stories, tell us about your boat ...

Moderator: Big_unit

bennyhill

Legend boats

Post by bennyhill » Tue May 04, 2010 8:49 am

G'day all, new to this forum so I thought i'd get a post up. My name is Benny Hill and i chase a few bream around Tassie. I've just ordered a new boat from the guys at Hyper marine. It's a legend alpha 191 with a 200 pro xs opti. Really looking forward to getting my sticky mits on it :lol: On a side note Hypermarine were great to deal with so if your looking for a new rig give them a call. Cheers Benny.

Pumba
Angler
Angler

Re: Legend boats

Post by Pumba » Tue May 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Benny,
Thats great news. I am sure there are a lot of people waiting to see these boats hit our shores, me for one. Sure to generate plenty of interest. From what I hear, in the US they are the the ducks. Be sure to let us all know how it goes when she lands.

Cheers,
Matt

Bill Jones
Angler
Angler

Post by Bill Jones » Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Congratulation Benny.

First up, welcome aboard this forum. Plenty of great guys on here.

I'm sure your going to love your new rig. I've had the pleasure of getting to know a few guys from the US via the internet and they class Legend Bass boats as a prestige model. Everything from the fitout and finish is first class with a ride that leaves others for dead. From what I gather, they come out with many items included as standard features which other brand class as extra's.

I myself would love one of these boats, however it will be some time before I could be able to put any new boat in my garage. I've been looking at the Legends for a few years now, just dreaming for when I win the lotto. When I heard that Wayne and Steve from Hypermarine became the Australian distibutors I was excited. Finally will be able to see one in person, and hopefully one day get to ride in one.

I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice in boats. Not sure what conditions you get down in Tassie, but I'm sure the Legend will handle it with no problems at all. My friends in the States class these hulls as one of the best rough water boats around, though it does come down to driver skill as well.

Again, congratulation on joining the Legend Bass Boat crew. Maybe oneday I will be a member too.

Cheers
Bill
Proudly sponsored by my own wallet lol

-shane74-

Post by -shane74- » Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 am

Congratulations on your purchase, I've been looking at these boats for a while now, in my opinion nothing else comes close. Their attention to detail is spot on. Being a boat builder myself i appreciate the effort that's gone into designing these craft. Can't wait to see it out and about on the water.

Enjoy your new ride! Shane

trackka
Angler
Angler

Post by trackka » Wed May 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Hyper Marine would like to welcome Ben Hill to our Team at Legend Bass Boats, Ben is our first Pro Staff Team member, ben has ordered one of the new 191 Alpha bass boats with a 200hp Pro Xs Optimax motor, I'm sure he will put the boat to good use chasing those large bream around Tassie. One Agenda!
Hyper Marine.

Tony Payne
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Post by Tony Payne » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi all,

I have just come back from crawling in and over every inch of Wayne’s new Legend boat that just arrived into Australia.

Still riding in my old tin 475 Hornet and then sitting in the console of one of these is just awesome. I can see the attraction for all the Bass and Bream guys swapping over to these big glass boats but wow you just have to see them to believe them. The legend to me is up there with the best of all the imported Glass boats heading into Australia now and wishes I had the time and youth to get back into the sport seriously to enjoy these machines for what they are built for.

Anyone looking for a new ride should check these out also. Looking forward to my test drive this week.

Cheers Tony
Cheers Tony

Pumba
Angler
Angler

Post by Pumba » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:18 pm

I too had the pleasure to go over the new Legend this week, and I haven't slept right since!
It sure is a sight to behold- the quality, finish and attention to detail is second to none, certainly not like I have seen in any other boats before, even million dollar crusiers. Now I can see what the rave is about them in the US is all about.

I am sure it will turn some heads on the water. Very impressive. Cant wait for my test drive Wayne!

Cheers,
Matt

trackka
Angler
Angler

Post by trackka » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Guys, went up to somerset today to set up boat, got her up to 74 mph at 5600 rpms 1 up, 72 mph 2 up and some fishing gear, still running the motor in will play with set up after 10 hrs, caught 27 bass around pelican point. cheers trak

Bill Jones
Angler
Angler

Post by Bill Jones » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:30 am

Would like to post a link to a US forum, showing how much the guys and girls in the States love the Legends. Hope this isn't againts the board rules.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubb ... /5015641/1

Just waiting for the day to be able to have a Legend in my driveway!!!

Bill
Proudly sponsored by my own wallet lol