Fishing and lauching a boat from Lucinda in Qld.

Ask questions, relay stories, tell us about your boat ...

Moderator: Big_unit

Ed
Beginner
Beginner

Fishing and lauching a boat from Lucinda in Qld.

Post by Ed » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Just wandering if anyone has fished the reefs off Lucinda such as Bramble and Trunk reef and what are the launching facilities like at Lucinda. Toward the end of this year I am taking the missus up north for a 6 week round trip for a 25th wedding anniversay holiday towing our 8mt Scarab to check out the Islands, reefs and resorts off the coast. A bit of fishing, snorkelling and just bumming around on the beaches and reefs. We will be heading straight up to Lucinda and then working our way south. First off, we intend to visit Orpheus and Great Palm Island then the surrounding reefs. I would like to know of other good spots between Lucinda and the Whitsundays that you guys/gals could recommend that should be on our visit list or any other info that I should be aware of such as accessabilty ect.? We will probably spend about two to three weeks in the Whitsundays/Cumberland group area, but it's between Lucinda and the Whitsundays that I am not familiar with. (apart from Magnetic Island as that is already on our list)

Cheers

Ed.

clutter
Angler
Angler

Re: Fishing and lauching a boat from Lucinda in Qld.

Post by clutter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:34 pm

The ramp at Dungeness is good and gives easy access outside. The islands offer a great hideaway and getaway but not sure what is green zone and what isn't these days.
Mick

Ed
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Fishing and lauching a boat from Lucinda in Qld.

Post by Ed » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks Mick, I "Googled Earthed" it and it looks fine, as for the fishable zones I have a chart plotter and it shows where I can fish or not, plus I do have paper maps that shows the different zones as well. Just need more info on other good areas

Cheers

Ed