Merlins

New South Wales Made Lures

Moderator: Tagged

Tagged
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Gympie QLD

Merlins

Post by Tagged » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:01 pm

The top one is a Deep River Rattler and the bottom two are Baby Merlins. The top two are painted by John Bennet, very early production paint jobs. At least 15 years old. These later became Attack Lures when Dan McGrath took over. The pink one is far older, timber with a very pointy bib. If you know more about these lures please let us know.
Image
Tagged and Released

Tagged
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Gympie QLD

Re: Merlins

Post by Tagged » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Here's the little pink fellow from above. Tiny little lures, hand made. It's not hard to see the talent needed to make these things.
Image
Tagged and Released

The Chief
Angler
Angler
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by The Chief » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Here's a couple more Baby Merlins. Some timber, some plastic.

The small handful by themselves are the new design from 1995/96.

Image

And some Deep Merlins from around 1995/96 prior to the Craftsmaster takeover

Image
FYPB Image

lure crazy
Angler
Angler
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by lure crazy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Mr chief! how cum you only have a couple of merlins! I thought you had more than that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tagged
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Gympie QLD

Re: Merlins

Post by Tagged » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:13 pm

I know, only 5 of each color, calls himself a collector. :roll:
Tagged and Released

Shtarker
Angler
Angler
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Shtarker » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm

a few more plus some of John Bennet's later stuff
some wooden ones and plastic ones together
Image
and a few colours of the widebody's
Image
Shtarker

siegfried
Angler
Angler
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by siegfried » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:12 pm

The cabinet is a top display Adam, looks great.

You should get the chance to get a few more in a few weeks time. All you`ll need is a bit of time on your own inside Aladin`s cave. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FYPBImage

Shtarker
Angler
Angler
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Shtarker » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:18 pm

siegfried wrote:The cabinet is a top display Adam, looks great.

You should get the chance to get a few more in a few weeks time. All you`ll need is a bit of time on your own inside Aladin`s cave.
thanks ziggy, its a spoon rack :lol: got the idea from another old bloke that ventures this site :lol: :lol:
Aladins cave :twisted: :twisted: MORE MERLINS :idea: where's the smilies showing LICKING LIPS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shtarker

Tagged
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Gympie QLD

Re: Merlins

Post by Tagged » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Those Turtles have to be one of the best looking lures getting around.
Tagged and Released

The Chief
Angler
Angler
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by The Chief » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Falky wrote:
siegfried wrote:The cabinet is a top display Adam, looks great.

You should get the chance to get a few more in a few weeks time. All you`ll need is a bit of time on your own inside Aladin`s cave.
thanks ziggy, its a spoon rack :lol: got the idea from another old bloke that ventures this site :lol: :lol:
Aladins cave :twisted: :twisted: MORE MERLINS :idea: where's the smilies showing LICKING LIPS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great collection of JB's Falky. :idea: :idea: :idea: Better bring that little spotted dog to Glenbawn mate,reckon the bass'll chew the crap outta it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like the spoon thing mate. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Are you blokes going to a theme park or something :?: Aladin's :?: Cave :?:
FYPB Image

Goodoo
Angler
Angler
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Hunter Vally NSW

Re: Merlins

Post by Goodoo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Aladins cave would be your tackle box/es Chief.Better watch these blokes at Glenbawn :lol: :lol:
Wishin' I was Fishin'.

siegfried
Angler
Angler
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by siegfried » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:40 pm

Goodoo wrote:Aladins cave would be your tackle box/es Chief.Better watch these blokes at Glenbawn
Don`t worry Chief I`ll look after your gear mate :twisted: :twisted: , I think Goodoo might be right, we`ll have to watch them other blokes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FYPBImage

The Chief
Angler
Angler
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by The Chief » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:19 pm

siegfried wrote:
Goodoo wrote:Aladins cave would be your tackle box/es Chief.Better watch these blokes at Glenbawn
Don`t worry Chief I`ll look after your gear mate :twisted: :twisted: , I think Goodoo might be right, we`ll have to watch them other blokes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better bring the popgun mate, we're up against a tough ugly bunch that lack in the intelligence department this trip :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FYPB Image

Goodoo
Angler
Angler
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Hunter Vally NSW

Re: Merlins

Post by Goodoo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Better bring the popgun mate, we're up against a ugly bunch that lack in the intelligence department this trip :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Who invited the South Aussies...??? :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Wishin' I was Fishin'.

The Chief
Angler
Angler
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by The Chief » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Wasn't me :!:

Give ya one guess :?: :shock: :shock: :shock:
FYPB Image

siegfried
Angler
Angler
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by siegfried » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:33 pm

Wasn`t me either. must have been your ugly big boofheaded mate. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by siegfried on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FYPBImage

Shtarker
Angler
Angler
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Shtarker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:23 am

Come on guys, this Sth Aussie isn't that bad :lol: :lol: but you better watch your tackle boxes though :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Shtarker

The Chief
Angler
Angler
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by The Chief » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Falky wrote:Come on guys, this Sth Aussie isn't that bad :lol: :lol: but you better watch your tackle boxes though :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Self praise is no recommendation Falky :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Neither is Bob's for that matter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gonna be a cold & lonely 1000k's banished to the Manta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FYPB Image

Shtarker
Angler
Angler
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Shtarker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:45 pm

The Chief wrote:Gonna be a cold & lonely 1000k's banished to the Manta
not if it holds ya tackle boxes Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Shtarker

siegfried
Angler
Angler
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by siegfried » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Adam, I`m sure the chief will correct me if I`m wrong but it`ll be tackle boxes in the front & Fang & Falky in the boat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
FYPBImage

The Chief
Angler
Angler
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by The Chief » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm

siegfried wrote:Adam, I`m sure the chief will correct me if I`m wrong but it`ll be tackle boxes in the front & Fang & Falky in the boat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
That's the plan :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FYPB Image

Jenkins
Angler
Angler
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Jenkins » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Adam
The bloke that thought of that spoon rack must be a clever fella.
I aggree with the Chief...
bring that spotted dog Baby Merlin in September (I will find something better for you to take home)



Have I told you...I like Baby Merlins. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jenkins.

Shtarker
Angler
Angler
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Shtarker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:40 am

Jenkins wrote:Adam
bring that spotted dog Baby Merlin in September (I will find something better for you to take home)
Have I told you...I like Baby Merlins.
Jenkins.
:roll: :roll: I don't think so Jenkins :lol: :lol: :lol:
its at home amongst its other pals now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
good try anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shtarker

Jenkins
Angler
Angler
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:25 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Jenkins » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Not even for these three. :?: :?: :?:
Image

Shtarker
Angler
Angler
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Merlins

Post by Shtarker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 pm

you're have to try harder than that :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol: you want it big time Jenkins, don't you :lol: :lol:
but sorry mate, these are rare as hens teeth and plus a good mate gave it to me so it won't be going anywhere :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shtarker

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests