Tasmanian Made Lures

Moderator: Tagged

TonyM
Angler
Angler

JD Lures

Post by TonyM » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:50 pm

Here's a few JD lures.

These ones are all Moulded (edit: had thought they were timber!) the smaller ones all have dolls eyes. JD Lures are still made, although these models shown have all been discontinued some time ago.

The larger lure is a Codwalloper and is a Wire Through version (apparently only a handfull of this version were made according to the maker Jamie Harris)

Here's an overview of the current range quoted from Jamie Harris:
"JD LURES is a small family run business based in the now infamous little town of Beaconsfield Tasmania.
We manufacture a wide range of hard bodied lures to suit most fresh water species and some saltwater species in our Australian fishing environment.
Our number one priority has always been a total dedication to quality and performance with all the lures we manufacture.
We use some of the worlds best components in the manufacture of our lures and every lure in our range is tank tested and tuned prior to packaging for quality control.
All our lures are made from tough solid Urethane bodies and Polycarb bibs for the most durable finish possible."
Last edited by TonyM on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
Tony

Big_unit

Re: JD Lures

Post by Big_unit » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:36 pm

And to think I gave you those for free Tony, must have been in a good mood that day.

TonyM
Angler
Angler

Post by TonyM » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Nah you just know what a nice guy I am :lol:

Actually I stuffed up on these, I learnt today that these are all moulded lures! :oops:

Although they are still special. Looks like I owe you a beer James ;-)

I had a chat with Jamie Harris (maker of JD Lures) today who was very helpfull and gave me the correct info on these lures.

They are all very early models according to Jamie and he said from around when he first started making JD lures (about 15 years ago)

None of these particular lures above have been made for quite some time.

The Cod Walloper shown was made in very limited number with the through wire bib.

Jamie also mentioned it's not the first time these models have been mistaken for being made of timber. Firstly the moulds he used to make the older lures with were so fine in detail that they actually often mimicked the woodgrain in the original template lure used to make the mould (so yes I did see woodgrain!) and secondly Jamie used to take the time to sand the join marks out of each and every one of the early lures so as to not spoil the finish (there's something you don't see every day!)

Jamie has also offered to look up the name of the 2 lures in the packets without the label, I'll post the details up once I hear back from Jamie on that.

So not timber, but I'm still gratefull for your generousity James! :P
Cheers,
Tony

Vass

Post by Vass » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:25 am

I thought i would show you guy's a few custom painted pythons.
I was going to put thse away as jamie doesn't do customs anymore but hey i'm a fisherman not a collector

lure crazy
Angler
Angler

Post by lure crazy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Jamie certainly makes a quality lure! He deserves all the success he's had with the pythons. Very well designed and do their job well! :mrgreen: