GTS 10 Jan - EcoGear Forster Shootout

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BREAM fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

vinnie
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

GTS 10 Jan - EcoGear Forster Shootout

Post by vinnie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Welcome to the new year anglers,

With only a week till the 2nd Round of the GTS brought to you by ECO GEAR, we thought we should let you guys know some details

We will be setting up camp to the left of the main boat ramp in the boat harbour. Council will be graciously opening an area near the coastguard tower for additional trailer parking should we need it.
We will be on-site from 5am to collect entry forms and fees.
The briefing will start at 6.10am with boats leaving from 6.30am and due back at 1.30pm

Ecogear have some Japanese anglers traveling out for this event and will be hanging around for some questions and answers

For all rules and forms goto http://www.gamakatsu.com.au

BreamBanger

Re: GTS 10 Jan - EcoGear Forster Shootout

Post by BreamBanger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:34 pm

who ever orginised this comp for this weekend needs their head read. its the middle of the holidays yesterday there was nearly more boats than water on the lake. I went fishing yesterday I gave up after 1/2 hr went home. I just hope all you guys in your skeeters ect show some common sense when your tearing around flat out because there is a lot of once a year boaters out there.

vinnie
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by vinnie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:37 pm

BreamBanger,

Why just the guys in the Skeeters, we will be advising all boaters at the briefing thats its a busy time of the year and to observe state laws and show some respect and commonsense. Thanks for the tip

Cheers
Vinnie
Tournament Director (The guy whose head needs to be read)

RichP
Beginner
Beginner

Post by RichP » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Vinnie

I thought your head was already Red :lol:

Rich

BreamBanger

Post by BreamBanger » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:06 am

I did write skeeters ect. I see all these comps when they come to town. Iv'e nearly been swamped in narrow channels when these guys come flying past flat out.The amount of boats out there is ridiculous and its midweek and the weather's been crap.If the weather comes good like its predicted and being the weekend the boat traffic could double.Youv'e got 12 months of the year to have these comps why have one in the middle of the Christmas Holidays.I'm not anti comps as I do fish comp myself.

fishconnect
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by fishconnect » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:48 am

BreamBanger,

Maybe the GTS guys should check with you before organising furute events? to see if you are OK with all dates?

My question is why do they organise christmas holidays during a comp? :lol:

And the fast glass boats actually create less wake when at speed than the average 4m tinny so I can't see why you are pointing the finger at them. You must have a real low craft?

Jay

http://www.fishconnect.com.au

Red Rocket
Angler
Angler

Post by Red Rocket » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Id rather 10 bream boats going past than 1 Wakeboat

tacklerat-1

Post by tacklerat-1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi guys, I fished Sunday (Koolabung lures) yep there was plenty of boats but everything about the event that I saw was First class no dramas boat ramp went smoothly and hey almost half field bagged thier 5 congratulations to all organisers annd sponsers great turnout although I wish it was a bit warmer,nearly had to take jumper off,well done to James and his dad aweesome effort,cheers