Publishing boater/non boater pairings

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BREAM fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

Scalywag
Beginner
Beginner

Publishing boater/non boater pairings

Post by Scalywag » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:03 pm

:idea: Suggestion for the ABT comps:

How about publishing the boater/non-boater pairings on the website along with the results for each day of competition?
I think it would make the post comp analysis much more interesting for folks at home.

Well, how about it :?:

ledge n
Angler
Angler

Re: Publishing boater/non boater pairings

Post by ledge n » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 pm

ALOT OF EXTRA WORK FOR THE ALREADY BUSY ABT TEAM, BUT I TOTALLY AGREE.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE DRAWS FOR PARTNERSHIP DONE AT THE BRIEFING, LIKE IN THE GRAND FINALS.

NOT HARD FOR THE BOATER OR THE NON BOATER TO CARRY A PEN AND PAPER TO REMEMBER WHO THEY HAVE DRAWN.

WOULD ADD TO THE EXCITEMENT AND RULE OUT ANYONES THEORY ON NON RANDOM DRAWS.

JUST MY THOUGHTS.

LEDGE N

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:49 pm

Doing the draw on the spot is a pain for officials and results is more likelty to result in mistakes being made. It'd also mean boaters wouldn't get their slips with their non-boaters names on it. And while you think it would be easy for people to bring along a piece of paper and pen to write down details, it is.

Anglers seem to struggle now i hate see how it would go if we made it even harder.

Publishing the pairings on line is something we had planned on doing, but the reality is that the intention got lost amongst all the other things we already have to do.

Hopefully we'll make it a permanent addition to our to-do list. At BASS events it's propably less crucial to do due to the limited phone and web coverage, I know at Boondooma we have to go for a 20 minute drive before we get wireless web access.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386

Scalywag
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Scalywag » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Great to hear you ABT is considering this, I think it would be worth the effort.
Perhaps the match ups could be displayed in a separate table to the individual results. e.g. 4 columns: Boater/NB day 1 Boater/NB day 2
To avoid burdening ABT staff with extra work during the comp, the table could be posted after the tournament.