Clarence

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BREAM fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

Dodgyback
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Clarence

Post by Dodgyback » Wed May 11, 2011 12:03 pm

With the Clarence event just around the corner. The entry's are down on the last few years.

Come on guys get those entry forms in, The clarence has to be one of the best systems on the east coast. Great location always a great local turn out at the weigh in. Great Pizzas in Yamba and comfy digs at the local van parks.

Don't let the event pass you by, you will be dissapointed if you miss out.

Or are you scared of the cold ??
I still hate Flathead

ledge n
Angler
Angler

Re: Clarence

Post by ledge n » Wed May 11, 2011 12:33 pm

love to but to dear for me,

$400 + fuel + accom = Sad wife.

Good luck to all that go.

Safe driving

Ledge n

Steve Morgan
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Steve Morgan » Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm

There'll be five qualifying spots for the BREAM Grand Final on offer (boater and non-boater divisions) - and Kim from Bass Cat Boats has informed us that the Grand Final Prize boat has now left the USA, headed for Australia! The Sabre will be fitted with a 115HP Mercury ProXS and will be taken home by the top angler at Forster this year.

http://www.basscat.com/sabre.html

The Super Series is a $400 event, but we've upped the cash payout percentage from 80% last year to 90% this year (after GST). With 50 full boats, 10th place would take home $800 (double the entry fee). Find me a better payout structure in any bream event and I'll be there. On top of that, there's the Mercury Bonus cash, the product prizes for the non-boaters as well as free Bassday lures for all competitors at the briefing.

Remember, also, that there's a Catch/Photo/Release flathead event on the Sunday - $50 a team entry and plenty of great product prizes.

Cheers,

Steve Morgan
ABT
ph:(07) 3387 0888
fax: (07) 3887 0889

DaveW
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by DaveW » Wed May 11, 2011 7:07 pm

The payouts are great if you get the numbers.

I'm a bit sad I'll be missing it. I love the Clarence and have attended everyone since they started.

It was also the first time I'd missed Gippy this year too.

Clarence for me:

$400 entry, $320 car fuel, at least $150 boat fuel, accom last year cost me $200, sundries approx $100. And the GF is irrelevant to me as I won't fish it if I make it anyway - Approx $1200.

As I already have the time off (planned the leave at the start of the year) 4 days Cod fishing at Burrinjuck MAX $400, bit of a no-brainer for me. And I sure as hell 'aint scared of the cold 8)

Dave
DaveW

30m rule be damned - a lure in the head wins everytime..........

tomdeer
Angler
Angler

Post by tomdeer » Thu May 12, 2011 10:41 am

I was planning to get there but I have my business on the market for sale and have had a few nibbles. Have to hang around to give it my best shot at selling, if it goes I'll have more time for fishing :)

Duffy1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Duffy1 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Being a Clarence local I would love to see the numbers get back to how they used to be but with $400 entry and fuel etc can only see me fish as a non boater for this one.
Probably for most I think with fuel prices at the moment it would be holding a good number back from entering.
As much as I love fishing ABT events if it shows a trend that anglers are starting to shy away from Super Series events, maybe is it a feasible option to drop the Super Series and go back to the standard format to get the numbers back up.
Just food for thought.