Cania round July23-24

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BASS fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

denisshaw

Cania round July23-24

Post by denisshaw » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi New to ABT bass electrics , just tried the kayak rounds & enjoyed myself & keen to try an electric round. I have some motors so half way there. I would like to know more about the Cania round. Is it a 2 day event & do the competitors stay at the Big 4 ? Thanks Denis

chrisfish
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Re: Cania round July23-24

Post by chrisfish » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Denis,
My name is Chris and I run the cania event, to answer your questions , yes the cania bass electric is a two day event and alot of the guys (myself included) stay at the big 4 . If you need any further info you can post a question here or call or sms me on 0410 716 701.
Thanks Chris Horne
Never go to bed angry...
...Stay up and Fight

Tony Payne
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Post by Tony Payne » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:57 am

Dennis,

if you are keen to try the Electric events, you could ask ABT for a loan of the BlueFin loaner boat they have ! If you get in early I reckon you may have a chance to get it. There is a post here somewhere Steve Morgan put up about it being for loan if required.

Cheers tony
Cheers Tony

denisshaw

Post by denisshaw » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Tony
You were right , spoke to Steve & the Jon boat is avaliable.
Thanks for the repy Chris , I'll see you at Cania. I would say I will be bringing the kit with me!
Denis

chrisfish
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by chrisfish » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for the offer but I already have the prizes and have my own kit etc. See you at cania.
Chris H
Never go to bed angry...
...Stay up and Fight

Steve Morgan
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Steve Morgan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Chris,

Since it's being discussed here, Chris, do you want a 3x3 tent to keep you dry if it rains?

Can easily strap it in the Jon Boat ....

SM
ABT
ph:(07) 3387 0888
fax: (07) 3887 0889

chrisfish
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by chrisfish » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Steve,
Thanks but I have a just purchased a small portable gazebo, in case it rains or if I cant run it from the shelter that I normally do. I think that I have everything organised - If I could only organise to not have a roo jump into the front of my car it should be better than last time :lol:
All I need is the anglers to catch bass and I can give away the prizes including a gloomis rod for the winner.
Cant wait to get back to cania for a few days fishing.
Actually if you have any sponsors signage chuck it in the jon boat and I will put it up for the comp.
Thanks
Chris H
Never go to bed angry...
...Stay up and Fight

Awoonga
Angler
Angler

Post by Awoonga » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Chris, and to anyone that cares ? Just spent a very cold few days at Caina ,The water is as clear as a mountian spring , You can see a long way down now,As for the fishing l found it tough but there a couple of large schools forming in the main basin, At the moment they dont seem to want to play ball but by the time the Electric rolls around they should be on the chew. The dam was ,,,just,,,, flowing over the spillway, My fish were caught way up in the timber, So far up you could here those banjos playing, Dont forget to bring your wollies

chrisfish
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by chrisfish » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for the heads up awoonga, will be breaking out the thermals, gloves and beanie.
Chris H
Never go to bed angry...
...Stay up and Fight