St Clair Results

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BASS fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

Ian
Angler
Angler

St Clair Results

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:58 pm

I can't help but think that the use of hand held scales in recent Bass Electric Rounds has led to vague value weigh-ins resulting in numerous draws (check out the placings for the recent St Clair Round).

Hard to separate positions with digital scales that only go to 2 decimal places. With AOY and Ranking Points riding on these weigh-ins surely accurate to 3 decimal place digital scales should be the norm and not the exception at these events.

Equipment that cannot provide a clear difference at weigh-in to determine clear cut placings that ultimately affect not only placement on the day of the comp but the ongoing point systems should be retired and mandatory use of properly calibrated
digital scales (to 3 decimal places) put in place.

Ian Galloway

westy1

Re: St Clair Results

Post by westy1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I like what you have wrote here Ian, makes alot of sence when there AOY points and stuff up for graps. I'm not sure how easy it is to get the ABT digital scales to all comps, but there needs to be something done tho.

Barry_O
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by Barry_O » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:55 am

HI Ian,
Hmmm, I seemed to have broached this subject on more than one occasion previously.
I seem to remember the scales used at Toonumbar this year being an excellent setup and if memory serves me right Adrian Melchior borrowed them for the tournament.
I have no idea of the cost but certainly they would have appeared to be a cheaper version of the one's normally used by the ABT and much more portable.

I am with you all the way on this one.

Barry O

Bruce Anderson
Angler
Angler

Post by Bruce Anderson » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Guys,

The Bassin digital scales are always available to the boys down this way if required for your Electric events. We have a spare set of certified scales as a backup for our comps which are checked and stamped every 12 months. Also along with a small shelter and key tag board. Whatever they need. All your event organiser has to do is ask . Would probably save ABT a lot of hassle trying to get equipment down here from Queensland .
Anyway offer is there.

Cheers
Bruce

Steve Morgan
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Steve Morgan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Bruce,

Thanks - we appreciate the offer!

Cheers,

SM