Are AFC and ABT BASS rules the same for BASS and BARRA?

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BASS fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

Are AFC and ABT BASS rules the same for BASS and BARRA?

Postby amBASSador » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:52 am

Are the AFC and ABT rules the same for BASS and BARRA?

The ABT rules say:

"Only one rod per angler is allowed to be used at any one time. This includes instances where one rod is snagged and the angler picks up another rod to fish with. The angler is considered to be using two rods and will be disqualified for that session."

After watching the AFC Series 7 DVD during the Barra rounds at Lake Monduran Team Hobie ( The Taylor Twins) are clearly fishing with other rods while several rods lay snagged.

Are the rules for AFC and ABT events the same?
Are the rules for BASS and BARRA events the same?
Was this rule ignored for making good television?
Would disqualifying team hobie be too controversial like when Adam Royter was disqualified in AFC series 1 during the Gold Coast Bream round when he didn't wear his PFD?

Just need some clarification as I know people will watch the DVDs and think that its acceptable to copy to the pros.

amBASSador
amBASSador
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Are AFC and ABT BASS rules the same for BASS and BARRA?

Postby PJ » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 pm

think this one was covered a while back

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11627

PJ
Keen Angler

Re: Are AFC and ABT BASS rules the same for BASS and BARRA?

Postby cannonball » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:46 pm

I am sure the barra rules are there but i couldn't find em on Australian barra. I would like to have a look at the rules in case I decide to try a barra event in the future. can someone point me to where the rules are. People will always look for loopholes in the rules to exploit. Highlighting the loopholes in the rules is a great way to amending them. It is just a shame that loopholes have to be tested in a comp before they are brought to the attention of the tournament organisers. At the end of the day the large majority of us want a level playing field.

Cheers REEDY
cannonball
Beginner
Beginner

Return to BASS Tournaments and Fishing