Cressbrook Electric 27.5.2012

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BASS fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

BJ
Angler
Angler

Cressbrook Electric 27.5.2012

Post by BJ » Wed May 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Cressbrook Dam is fishing really well with some good sized bass being caught. Fat bass 42cm + fork length have been caught over the last few weeks. The only problem is that they react to the pressure and will shut down really quick. If anyone wants my advice, don't hit the fish the day or two before hand. My advice is to sound around and find the fish but refrain from throwing a lure at them. If you find the fish you will generally catch them. If you catch a heap of bass on the friday or saturday before the comp then it will be tough on sunday. Only fish caught on Sunday between 7am and 1pm will count. It will be pointless bragging about catching a heap of bass before the comp. Bragging rights only go to those who weigh in a fish on comp day.

I have arranged for the gate to be opened at 5.30am on sunday. Tania and I will be setting up the gazebo at the usual place near the steep boat ramp. We will hand the key tags out just prior to the start so we can check live wells and hand the key tags out. The starting position will be to the left of the boat ramps (as you face the water) in the bay. All livewells must comply with ABT rules.

I remind everyone of the no fishing, no boating zone near the intake tower. You must stay within the yellow buoys if you travel up to the Bull Creek arm of the dam. You cannot fish within the buoy lines and that includes within the yellow buoys whilst traveling past the intake tower.

I will be measuring fish to ensure they are min 30cm to the fork of the tail. I will be using an ABT ruler so if it is not 30cm fork length on my ruler it will not be recorded.

I am looking forward to a good day and hopefully a lot of good fish being weighed in.

Brad & Tania

Barry_O
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Re: Cressbrook Electric 27.5.2012

Post by Barry_O » Fri May 25, 2012 8:52 am

Great comment on the prefish Brad.
It should be common sense but from what I have heard from the last one at Cressie it does not appear that gets through to everyone.

Regards
Barry_O