Moogerah electric

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BASS fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks

Francey
Angler
Angler

Moogerah electric

Post by Francey » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Is there a pre fish ban in the morning on Saturday before the arvo session?

bassbouy
Angler
Angler

Re: Moogerah electric

Post by bassbouy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:52 am

Probably should be Stuwie but not sure but you would think it would be stupid to go smash them a couple of hours before the comp starts I hope common sense will prevail. Ill find out when I here from ABT, I will contact the dam today and see if we can camp to the left of the boat ramp where I normally set up but there's no powered site in there but you can have generators in there. Will put a post up when I find out. Cheers Rory 0415445142

dazzas4x4
Angler
Angler

Post by dazzas4x4 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Stewy if there is no prefish ban lets go smash them Saturday morning with Simon and Rory

its always good to win the prefish !!!! (jokes)

cheers daz
Proud to be associated with
Legend Boats
Mercury Marine

bassbouy
Angler
Angler

Post by bassbouy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Cheers Darren probably the only fish ill catch would be in the prefish. Stuwie aren't you fishing Sunday? Anyway here are the Abt rules Fishing Times
• On the Tournament day, anglers are only to fish during the start to finish time. Anglers may not “practice fish” on the tournament day. • Anglers can register from 5.30am on the competition day. Drop in, fix up your entry fees and enter.
• Competitors start at the allocated time, and after being checked for safety gear (lifejacket) and an empty, functioning livewell or fish holding system and receiving their key tag are then allowed six (6) hours to catch your bass and return your key tag to the Finish area (which was the Start area in the morning), where your bass will be weighed and released. Note: you must return to the allocated Start/Finish location in your vessel and get your key tag on the board by the allocated time.
• Results will be posted on the scrolling scoreboard after recording, according to total weight.
• Final presentations will be as soon as possible after the final angler’s fish are weighed and the final results are posted. Typically, this will be around 30 minutes after finish of fishing. Cheers Rory

peteo01
Beginner
Beginner

Post by peteo01 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:56 pm

There is 4 powered site above the toilet block and I think there was some available when I spoke to them last week.

Mark P.

bassbouy
Angler
Angler

Post by bassbouy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:26 pm

Just talked to the lady at the Moogerah camp grounds and she said all the people fishing comp can stay in the area to the left of the boat ramp where I normally set up. The four powered sites in there are taken so if you need power you'll have to see those guys or camp in the normally area which has powered site, because as I found out there's no generators allowed on the camp site sorry about earlier post. Hoping to be down there at 10.00am and set up so see you on Saturday. Rory

Barry_O
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by Barry_O » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:37 am

Guys,
Where there is a two day event (and I guess any event) there is normally a ban on fishing on the day of an event. That means no prefish on Saturday.
Simon needs to confim this as things may well have changed but I don't think so!

Regards
Barry O

bassbouy
Angler
Angler

Post by bassbouy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Barry I think I've already explained that above by putting the ABT rules up. Just a heads to the people fishing this weekend if your going home Saturday when come back Sunday morning the pin code to get into the dam will be on the door of the office at the same location.

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:10 pm

It's in the rules.

You can't fish until the tournament starts. So no fishing before the event.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386