Thouhgts on barra tour sessions

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BARRA fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks, Matt Fraser

d-train
Beginner
Beginner

Thouhgts on barra tour sessions

Post by d-train » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 am

HI all i have been talking to a few guys from around my area and we have been discussing a few things about the tour
and am just interested in what every one thinks about the session times for the different dams
would any one be interested in doing say the sessions for each roung on the tour first to sessions every one fishes then a third session for a top 10 shoot out
also about adding a second session to the awoonga nights to fill in the gap between the two rounds
Just my thought and interested in what everyone else thinks
Cheers
Duane
TIGHTLINES SCREAMING REELS AND BURNT THUMBS

Matt Fraser
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Re: Thouhgts on barra tour sessions

Post by Matt Fraser » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:34 pm

I thought the Southern Tour was (nearly) spot on this year.

Awoonga, if you've just fished the 16 hour Night Championships, not too many people feel like doing another comp straight away. The night off was great to freshen up for the two-day Evening event. It would have been nice to extend the hours of the evening event until 11pm or midnight considering the moonrise and subsequent bite times.

Mondy - I reckon it was great how the event finished at 7pm and the presentation was at the pub from 8.30pm. Great way to finish the event and tour. If you had a shootout session the next day, most of the field would have left, and there would be very few there for the big final presentation.

Same goes for Super Series bream events SM, pretty boring final weigh in with hardly any crowds.

Cheers,

Matt

d-train
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Thouhgts on barra tour sessions

Post by d-train » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Matt
Thanks for that i value experienced anglers opinions was just a thought a couple of us had about this sort of thing
cheers
Duane
TIGHTLINES SCREAMING REELS AND BURNT THUMBS