Awoonga Barra Trophy Countdown

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BARRA fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks, Matt Fraser

Matt Fraser
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Awoonga Barra Trophy Countdown

Post by Matt Fraser » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Although we are hitting the depths of winter, the Awoonga Barra Trophy is now only nine weeks away. By then, the water temps will be starting to climb and the barra will be shaking off their winter blues. So time to start thinking about getting your team organised and getting your entry in.

The entry forms are now updated to reflect that family teams are just $55, and Pro teams with a junior will be $165. I would like to suggest that you get your entries in early, as this will ensure that your team goody bag is well stocked. Our Sponsors have donated a certain amount of gear for goody bags, first in get the most product.

Early entries also ensure for smoother running of the briefing and the comp. You may enter at the briefing but a late fee of $15 will be charged this time. Postal and fax entries to ABT will close on the friday prior to the comp (13th August) so if you haven't entered by then, you will have to enter at the briefing.

There are a few additions to the rules, so read them carefully.

Although its not in the rules there will be a catfish section again, for a bit of extra fun.

Myself and co-organiser Ian Baker, are looking forward to the weekend. we fished Awoonga at the same time last year for some really good barra. We are hoping to see you there. It will be interesting to see if Daniel and Belinda can live up to their Monduran form, or will someone else be taking the Barra Trophy Home? Either way we hope it will be another fun, friendly comp!

Cheers,

Matt

470pte
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Awoonga Barra Trophy Countdown

Post by 470pte » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Just a quick reminder to all.

Ensure you do the absentee or postal vote thing, you don't want to cop a fine after having a cracker weekend :x

Only 4 weeks to go :P :P

Ian

Matt Fraser
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by Matt Fraser » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Its all shaping up nicely (fingers crossed) for a great time at Awoonga. Water temps have been up as high as 22 degrees in recent weeks, they dropped slightly over the weekend just gone, but hopefully we can luck onto some stable weather and decent water temps.

Some of the Prizes on offer at the Awoonga Barra Trophy from our sponsors are;
Pfueger Patriach XT Baitcaster
Plueger Arbor 040 Spin Reel
Shakespeare Sigma 040 Spin Reels x 2
Shakespeare Arsenal 040 Spin Reels x 2
Storm/Rapala prize pack valued at $300
Barra Maddness Charters - $200 Voucher
Foxies Barra Havoc lure packs
Tackle Warehouse Vouchers
Halco Lures
Storm Lures
Berkley Mullets and Hollow Bellys
Nitro Skeleton Jigs
Awoonga Maps

Pro Teams will also be fishing for chance to get their name on the Barra Trophy, and a share in over $3000 in cash - 1st place team will be guaranteed $1000 if we get over 18 teams.

This is the last week to get your mail or faxed entries in to ABT. They have to be at the ABT office by this Friday the 13th August if you want to save yourself the late entry fee of $15.

If you are coming along, and are paying at the registration, remember one team member has to be an ABT member (bring card) or you can sign up at the registration, also bring your boat insurance details as well.

As you are getting your boat, tackle and equipment ready, ensure your lights are in operating order (nav and anchor), also check your camera batteries, and make sure you've got a brag mat and knotless landing net.

All Barra Trophy Rules and details are on australianbarra.com.au or click on the link below
http://www.bream.com.au/abt/2010/Barratrophypr10.pdf

The Awoonga Barra Trophy promises to be another fun and sociable comp, I can't wait to get up there and catch up with everyone and hopefully I'll get a chance to hook a barra too!

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Fraser
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by Matt Fraser » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:17 pm

It has been bought to my attention that I haven't listed the session times etc on the australianbarra site. So here are a few of the important details

Pre Fish Ban - From Midnight Thursday night 19th August

Registration - Friday 20th August - 2 - 2.30pm Awoonga Caravan Park
Briefing from around 2.45pm
Boat checkout from 3.30pm bankside, behind Kalinda cafe/Private Boat ramp area.

Once all boats are checked out, we will start the session.

Session 1 Friday 2oth August 4pm - 9pm
Session 2 Saturday 21st August 7am - 12noon
Session 3 Saturday 21st August 4pm - 9pm

Presentation - Sunday 22nd August 9am - Awoonga Caravan Park - BBQ Breakfast from 8.30am

If anyone has any other questions, let me know.

Matt

marcel_krieger
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by marcel_krieger » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:11 am

Cheers,

Marcel Krieger

ABT 07 3387 0888