im goin to monduran...........

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BARRA fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks, Matt Fraser

ubernung

im goin to monduran...........

Post by ubernung » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:35 am

yeha, heading up this week, very keen, would like to know a technique that any other dudes know about that they wouldnt mind sharing, u know something i can really blast away at with confidence so that when things r slow i still know im doin the right thing,, >>> also anyone have any reports, id like yto be the one sayin... mate, shouldve been up there last week, if i have to goto awoonga im keen, even wuruma,bazza... > cheers much apprieciated kane-0

marcel_krieger
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Re: im goin to monduran...........

Post by marcel_krieger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:34 am

Cheers,

Marcel Krieger

ABT 07 3387 0888

Steve_Moore
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Steve_Moore » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:03 pm

All I can say is good luck! I know the guy (Tim) that won that family fishing classic. He was there for 6 weeks and that was the 2nd barra that he caught for the trip. My step Dad was one of the lucky 4 anglers that managed to catch one of the 5 fish landed that weekend. He spent the day up there yesterday and didn't get a touch. If it was me, I'd be heading up to Awoonga. Spoke to Matthew Mott last week and he said they have been getting good numbers up there. If you do go to Monduran, slow roll plastics and long pauses - up to 15-20secs for hard bodies seems to trigger the strikes. If you ever get the chance Peter Faust is the place to go in my opinion. Best barra lake in QLD. Hope this isn't dampening your enthusiasm, better to hear some honest, up to date info then get there and be disappointed.
Good luck, hope you get a big one.

Matt Fraser
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by Matt Fraser » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:38 am

I'm with Steve, Awoonga is much more productive right now.

Fish windblown points and bays, anchor when its windy, electic when its calm enough. Fish sunset, and tide changes.

20 - 30lb braid mainline, 60 - 80lb leader. Chuck 5- 6" swimbaits to the weed edge and wind it out - s l o w ly.

Put the hours in, and take spare jocks!

Goodluck,

Matt

ubernung

Post by ubernung » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:53 am

far in, thanks heaps for your replies fellas but i left on tuesday morning and didnt check my post for any replies> burh, i went to monduran with my buddy ive taken the last two times and i took another mate that is not really keen on lurin, braid, slim beautys etc. anywho yesterday arvo we were running quite low on fuel (camping at white rock) so decided to head back to main basin to goto gin gin get fuel. we ran out of fuel just after the sticks end and still not in the main basin. we put the electric down and decided to troll back to the ramp. me and old mate had the lures we were trolling and a rod was lended to big dan to troll with he got bored and said the lure wasnt working so he pulled out his little shakespeare baitcaster combo..... small ball sinker, swivel 8kg mono on the b/c and he used the main line as his leader (i dont mind if he wants to borrow some of mine) he put a shrimp on and put it about 2metres behind the stern and bang, just 50m before the barra pen they have there he hooked an easy 900mm fish and subdued it after bout 15mins , ok ive come to terms that thats fishing but

is monduran that heavily fished that the barra are fine tuned to the 20/30lb braids with 50 and upward fluro leades getting towed through the water with a lump of plastic on the end, or is it just that moduran can only be felt and not described, as in 3 trips i havent landed a fish, but ill take anyone else up there and put u onto the fish.... meh i do think it is funny and its another chapter in my monduran book, what do u guys think, really do apprieciate that u all helped me out with your replies cheers