Daiwa BARRA Tour Grand Final- It’s Off

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BARRA fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks, Matt Fraser

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Daiwa BARRA Tour Grand Final- It’s Off

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm

ABT has made the decision to cancel the Daiwa BARRA Tour Grand Final scheduled to take place on Lake Awoonga, 12-13th February 2011. A host of factors have contributed to the decision and include the following:

• Embargo my MSQ until the end of January on the processing and granting of permits to conducted events on Lake Awoonga.
• The adverse effects of recently flooding on the quality of fishing. This has been confirmed and communicated to ABT by many and very reliable sources.
• Limited acceptance and return of event invitations and multiple invitation declines.

Taking all these factors into consideration and with the less than warm acceptance of the boater/non-boater format into the BARRA events it has been decided to cancel the event. All entries and payments to date for the event will be refunding in full.

Further details on the BARRA calendar for 2011 will be released later in the year.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386

Peter4
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Daiwa BARRA Tour Grand Final- It’s Off

Post by Peter4 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:24 am

Simon,

Does this mean that the entire Barra Tournament Calendar (which has already been posted) is going to be completely re-scheduled?

Is the boater/non-boater format going to be changed or maintained?

Would love to get all the facts and timetable asap so the year can be planned.

Much appreciated.

Pete

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:47 am

No!

We just want to give it a spit and polish if it need it to make sure it's all AOK and to maximise the success and fishyness of the events.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386

Peter4
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Peter4 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks Simon.

So the Barra Pro event is going ahead at Monduran on 12/13 March? This is only six weeks from Saturday!

And is it definitely a boater/non-boater event?

When will entry forms be available?

rmg68

Post by rmg68 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 pm

It was a shame to see the grand final called off, I and it sounds like a lot of others left my nomination until the last moment and was about to fax it when I saw that the final was off. Have you given any thought to running the final as part of the month of fishing madness that is November. You could still run with Teemburra, Faust, then either 1 at Awoonga and the final at Monduan or Teemburra, Faust, 1 at Awoonga, Monduran and the final back at Awoonga as its only an hour or so back up the road for southern guys and on the way home for us northern guys. Or even run the same as last year and bang it on the end, because you can never have too many comps, although after my first year last year 5 in a row might be enough. As for the boater/non boater debate, either one is good, people like to pick a fishing partner, but you learn so much from fishing with fresh partners and it would eliminate any doubts about results, but the final really has to be boater/non boater. Good luck trying to please every-one.

Simon Black
Mackay