Daiwa BARRA Tour 2011- Boater/Non-boater Ideas

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BARRA fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks, Matt Fraser

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Daiwa BARRA Tour 2011- Boater/Non-boater Ideas

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Guys,

We're working on the schedule for the 2011 Daiwa BARRA Tour and i'm toying with ideas for things we can do to encourage anglers to fish the first Awoonga round that we want to make boater/non-boater.

Here's a couple of initial ideas:

* free or minimal entry fee
* shared weight with the same AOY points on offer for both anglers

So here's your chance give me your ideas on things you think would make it enticing to fish the event.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386

Mike Connolly
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Daiwa BARRA Tour 2011- Boater/Non-boater Ideas

Post by Mike Connolly » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:09 am

Simon

A "Sponsors challenge" tournament with a shared weight format may be an option worth exploring. Teams to carry the sponsors name and the only individual award to be for big Barra - empasis to be placed on the sponsors (big Barra to team xxxx's John Smith) - this is good for the sponsors
The event needs to be fun and enjoyable for the teams. - good for the competitors
Something like a BBQ before or after the event to give the anglers the opportunity to get together for sledging (before) or stories (after) the event.
The point that is often overlooked is that the bulk of the competitors only get together once a year during the tour and the friendships and camradery are as important as the fishing. The opportunity to learn techniques and gain product knowlege during the tour from other competitors is always a big plus.
*Registered barra tour teams only to enter the event - this keeps the numbers even.
*For the event draw boaters should draw partners name fom a hat the day before the event. in the case where thier usual partner is drawn a redraw is to take place
*No AOY points to be awarded for this event - bragging rights only - this takes the pressure off and allows competitors to try new techniques & presentations
*prizes if any to be supplied by Barra tour sponsors - helps highlight the sponsors
*low entry fees to cover the cost of a catered BBQ & drinks only

Simon just a few thoughts that may help get the ball rolling - I know that you will take them on board and that you are working to improve the tour for all concerned. i am sure there will be more input on this post

Mike
Skeeter ZX190 + 200HO E-tec = unbeatable
Lucky craft
Sunline
Daiwa

Rod_Milkins

Post by Rod_Milkins » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Sounds good Mike.

just make sure you pick my name from the hat!! ;)

I did enjoy the ride in ya skeeter with that 200HP E-tec.... :shock:

Drewy
Angler
Angler

Post by Drewy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 pm

I like the sound of a live draw the day before, you could team up and pre-fish possibly if the draw was early enough. I used to play quite a bit of eight ball in my earlier days, and we used to have a calcutta at every event, which keeps the punters interested. It is normally a very fun time and it helps get the people together for a catch up.

Thanks
Drew

LikelyLad

Post by LikelyLad » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Simon
Why not run a sweepstake event in that there are optional pools of money for anglers to enter who like the competetive side and the chance to win some cash. Example run 2 optional pools of say $60 and $40 10% is taken for the organising part. Of the rest, 1st receives 40% 2nd-20% 3rd- 15% 4th-10% 5th-10% 6th - 5%. How the money is split could be different but this is just an idea.
This gives people who are in it for the friendship and commaradre to have a minimal entry fee and potentially get the chance to fish with a more experienced angler, and any angler who fancies their chances the chance to pick up a few dollars

Regards Geoff Newby

barra'd_up
Angler
Angler

Post by barra'd_up » Tue May 03, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Simon,
I am glad the effort is being made to introduce a BNB event for Barra, thank you for not shelving the idea totally. I think its important to at least run a few of these events each year to help upskill anglers and keep the ideas flowing. After all who shares wins.

Mikey has some good idea's there and Geoff raises some good points too.
I think it would most likely be better to have no AOY points considering this is a trial and make it more of a fun event, that way anglers can take what they like from it, and can give us a bit of insight into what the future may hold for ABT BARRA.
I will be particpating either way and am looking forward to sharing ideas and tactics with a non boater.
I am also looking forward to the BARRA tour this year in its original format.
Cheers
Jas Wilhelm

sebile_patrickm

Post by sebile_patrickm » Thu May 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Gday Lads,

I think the work you guys are doing is fantastic with introducing new anglers to the tour and ABT tournaments. However the longer you leave posting dates the harder it is for many of the usual suspects to get both a leave pass from the Hugs and Kisses and of course the boss. If we can get a heads up as soon as possible that would be great.

Cheers Patrick

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Thu May 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Patrick i just finalised the dates today. I'll post online tomorrow. I think releasing the dates six months out from the tour is a good heads up by the way.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386