Barra Events Entry Lists

This is the place to discuss all matters relating to BARRA fishing and tournaments.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, chris byrnes, Elliot Fooks, Matt Fraser

Matt Fraser
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Barra Events Entry Lists

Post by Matt Fraser » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 am

Entries are rolling in for the barra events, both the Barra Trophys (inc Yak) and the ABT Barra Tour. I've had a few enquiries about entry lists/confirmations, so I've spoken to Chris about getting an 'Entry Lists' icon set up on the australianbarra.com.au home page. So as soon as they get a chance next week after Somerset Bass Pro, they will get the lists up.

I'll be texting the Barra Trophy team captains, in the week leading up to the event to confirm entries and briefing details.

First event for the season is the Peter Faust Barra Trophy on the 17/18th September ( just a month out now), fax/mail entries for that must be recieved at ABT offices by the 9th September, or rock up on the day with cash (which will cost an extra $15).

The Mondy Barra Trophy and Inagural Kayal Barra Trophy is just two weekends later on the 1st/2nd October. The Yakkers are certainly keen for this event, I think there will be a bit of Yak/Boater rivalry to see who catches the most fish over the weekend.

cheers,

Matt

Matt Fraser
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Re: Barra Events Entry Lists

Post by Matt Fraser » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:23 am

The entry lists are now up on australianbarra.com.au - at the top of the home page, click on "Entry Lists" and the three Barra Trophy events are there in yellow. Click on those to see entries for each event.

The Faust event is looming fast, so get your entries in quickly. I have verbal confirmation of another dozen teams with their entries on the way, including the Taylor boys. The perpetual Barra Trophy has resided at their place since the Awoonga Trophy in August last year, and they will be keen to hold onto it. Other anglers coming include the Sandersons, Jonny Millard, Ian Black, Geoff Newby and Phil Lyons. We also have one team travelling all the way up from the Gold Coast.

There have been a few fish caught at Faust lately, mostly in the 80s and 90s, with one 117cm fish caught last week. A large number of fish were relocated from the pools below faust, back into the dam recently, as well as another 3000 barra stocked at 200 -300mm in size, just a week ago.

Local sponsors that have come onboard for this event include JT Reel Repairs and ACM rods.

With air and water temps on the increase, all is coming together for the barra to fire up for a good event.

Cheers,

Matt

Lockyer
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lockyer » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Matt

When will these lists be updated ?? I myself went into the office on Wednesday last week and paid for our team, but we haven't made the list ??? plus another team, state they have also paid and are not on the list.
(kayak event)

Cheers
Lawrence
Ultimate 12

Steve Morgan
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Steve Morgan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Lawrence,

With the Gold Coast Super Series, there was no-one in the office until Monday. All entries from last week are being processed this week.

SM
ABT
ph:(07) 3387 0888
fax: (07) 3887 0889