Century Excalibur

The art of distance casting is a complex one. Chat here with others also interested in distance casting, with a focus on Tournament Casting

Moderator: Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Century Excalibur

Post by Jeremy Schrader » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Corey and I had another top day down at South Barwon reserve getting ready for next weeks interstate comp. Corey was using my Century Excalibur "J" curve which is based on the TT Super Match and I was using my Excalibur EX1000 which is designed around the Elininator . I must say that the new rod has been very challenging in regards to getting used to its power and speed of recovery and whilst originally I wasn't sure how I would go with it's 14'8" length all I can say now is :D :D :D

Conditions were good with a westerly wind and coolish conditions with the occassions rain shower coming through but that was all good.
Corey is progressing well with hios casting and liked the softer tip of the "J" curve as it allowed better feedback to him as to what the sinker was doing. though I will let him put down his thoughts on the rod.
In my case I was very pleased with the way the rod and I performed and feel a lot more confident that it will deliver the distances that I am seeking.

Here is some video footage from the session , we didn't do a lot of casts but all in all we were both happy with the results.

http://youtu.be/hW3TjNwQCVw

As usual comments or suggestions for both of us are welcome :D