new daiwa gear

The art of distance casting is a complex one. Chat here with others also interested in distance casting, with a focus on Tournament Casting

Moderator: Jeremy Schrader

mazza
Angler
Angler

new daiwa gear

Post by mazza » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:50 am

Hi Guys, the new Daiwa catalogues are in and there is some interesting surfcasting gear available in rods and what they claim the best casting reel in the world the new 7HT mag. I hope someone reveiws it here.
mazza

anglerman
Beginner
Beginner

7HT Mag

Post by anglerman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:17 am

I have had one since last November when they were realeased into the UK.

It is robust, and the mag controls are good but need tweaking if it was to be used in the tournament scene.

As a fishing reel it is great as the mags can be set for the conditions and casting is made easier.

I have removed the power handle and replaced it with the smaller two handle outfit as I prefer this on all my reels.

In the field I have cast 100 gram about 170 meters with the reel mounted on a Zziplex profile rod.

Jeremy Schrader
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Post by Jeremy Schrader » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:10 pm

Mazza,

the 7HT turbo as Graham has stated has been out for a while O.S and has had good reviews as a fishing reel .
The mag control system is very user freindly and the reel capable of very good distances so if you are after a top flight beach reel then this is one worth a look.

If however you are after a field reel the the ABU's are hard to beat as they lend themselves to customisation and there is a good range of aftermarket bits to trick them up.

I have just taken delivery of one of the Peter Coogan PTEC reels and will put up a review & pictures.

Regards :D