Graham's 175 Gram cast with Evo M4

The art of distance casting is a complex one. Chat here with others also interested in distance casting, with a focus on Tournament Casting

Moderator: Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Graham's 175 Gram cast with Evo M4

Post by Jeremy Schrader » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:42 pm

Here is a short video of Grahams cast from today.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_ySS90jHXFs

Any tips welcome :D :D

INFORD
Angler
Angler

Post by INFORD » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:46 am

to me looks like he needs wait abit longer turn abit slower aswell

pulling in to early with the left

as he is struggling tp excellerate all the way through the hit chopping the cast at the e
end

hope this helps

cheers ian

EddieMacSqid
Angler
Angler

Post by EddieMacSqid » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:28 am

Graham

Only thing I can suggest is that the left pull is dragging you right down.
Ie: Your right hand punches at the target but as you pull with the left it forces your right hand to drop.
Try and keep the right hand up there to provide a fixed point for the rod to pivot around.

Overall a pretty good 175g cast for someone that’s almost 900 years old and makes Santa’s elves look tall :lol: .

Cheers
Eddie

anglerman
Beginner
Beginner

right hand

Post by anglerman » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:17 am

I have had a look at the Jan 2008 video as a comparison to this one and I was doing the same thing, and have continued the low left hand pull which then drags the right hand down.

Initially I thought that I was dropping the right due to the heavier 175 gram, but now realise

When I started casting 12 months ago I probably took this action to ease my way through a slight back problem and its stuck. Now I am fitter and through casting I have actually eliminated the back problem. The turning of the cast has strengthened muscle along the spine and now better supports the offending discs.

I have built myself one of the rubber band practice thingy's and I intend to use it to get the hands and push pull corrected, I hope. Bad habits are hard to change!

Funny enough I always thought I was spearing the sinker down the court rather than looping it and it is good to see the reason why.

Eddie, send a list of the wants and the big elf may put them on the list.

Graham

EddieMacSqid
Angler
Angler

Post by EddieMacSqid » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:33 am

Thanks Graham

I will eMail through a list of casting weights on Fri for the Elves to make as quite a few of mine have gone MIA in my recent swing attempts.

Eddie