Results 26th July

The art of distance casting is a complex one. Chat here with others also interested in distance casting, with a focus on Tournament Casting

Moderator: Jeremy Schrader

Jeremy Schrader
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Results 26th July

Post by Jeremy Schrader » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:33 am

Well we had a great day out with very pleasant conditions, the day started out cold with no wind to speak off and the lack of wind remained that way for the day. It was however niece and sunny and the ground dried a little which reduced the tendency for slipping.

Nick took top honours with a cast of 238 meters on the 150 gram and it was a great effort given the lack of lift or carry in the air. Paul also hit a very impressive 170+ 100 gram cast which is a new PB for him. And Mike also hit new PB distances with his new Zziplex Primo Synchro.

Full details will be put up by Graham shortly.

Thanks for those who attended and made the day very enjoyable look forward to casting with all of you again in the future.

Regards :mrgreen:

anglerman
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Results 26th July

Post by anglerman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:11 am

Below are the results and distances from the events held across Australia on the 26th July 2009

Last edited by anglerman on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mickP

Post by mickP » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:43 am

Hi Graham,

It was a great day all round, I just checked my raffle ticket to double check my distance and it was 169.88 mts.

Regards,

Mick.

Sandgroper
Angler
Angler

Results 26th July

Post by Sandgroper » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 pm

All of the guys (and gal) who turned up at WA had a great time competing in a competition that was relatively new to most of them.
As can be seen by the results that Graham has posted above, some of the distances cast by these 'beginners' were not too shabby :shock: .
Conditions on the day were fine and cold with a zephyr of a wind blowing over our right shoulder and quartering the field. Temp was about 4-6 C at the start and probably reached about 10 -12 C towards the end, albeit in sunshine. According to the local paper, barometric pressure was around 1082 (in whatever the units are that they use).
Line classes were strictly adhered to by all accept Joe, so he didn't get his measured. Didn't stop him having a bonser day though.
The WA branch has come up with their own nickname for our club. "TCC" (Tourettes Casting Club) :twisted: . Appropriate for some of the language that eminates from blown up reels (mostly mine) :oops: .
All other casters than myself were using fixed spool reels and, as this was their first comp, ALL posted PB's.
From here, everything is now forward :arrow:

Well done to all the casters who had a go.

Chas

Tagged

Post by Tagged » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:22 pm

I dont want to sound like an idiot, but I think it's to late for that.
But are those measurements feet or meters ?
Tagged and Released

Jeremy Schrader
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Post by Jeremy Schrader » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:35 pm

All measurements are in meters confirmed by tape measure on the court.

Regards :mrgreen:

Tagged

Post by Tagged » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:18 am

It's an amazing distance to cast a weight, would be good to watch.
Tagged and Released