Daiwa BREAM Series- Draft Dates 2011

This board is where you will find entry forms, upcoming event notices and other official details associated with BREAM, BASS and BARRA.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, Stephen Booth, davidpoulton, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

Gillie
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Daiwa BREAM Series- Draft Dates 2011

Post by Gillie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Yeah iv'e got to agree leave Coota at Feb 5/6th so the place is not so full, better for us all,both on and off the water, cheers Gillie

Axe
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Axe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:39 am

Ditto!!

Axe

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 pm

The 5/6th is the same weekend as a VIC BREAM Classic round.

We realise that the Jan date is not ideal, but it's the best of all the available options.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386

shane dyason
Beginner
Beginner

Post by shane dyason » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:02 pm

I would of though ABT would anounce their series dates first, and the classics organisers would work their dates around that, obviously not the case these days.

Won't be long before ABT will have to cut down the number of events in their series to fit in around the classics!!!!!

SD.

Steve Morgan
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Steve Morgan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 am

Bunga,

Bill's event is at the Docklands Boat Show and is not flexible.

SM
ABT
ph:(07) 3387 0888
fax: (07) 3887 0889

Lazzylure
Angler
Angler

Post by Lazzylure » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:08 pm

[quote="flyrot"]I thought Feb was the preferred date for the Port Adelaide comp??[/quote]
Second that flyrot

Lazzylure
Angler
Angler

Post by Lazzylure » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:11 pm

[quote="flyrot"]I thought Feb was the preferred date for the Port Adelaide comp??[/quote]
Second that flyrot

Nick G
Angler
Angler

Post by Nick G » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I have just been told and then seen it on the entry forms that entry fee's have jumped up heaps!! What’s the go? $110 last year and this year $200!! Close to 80%! Thats one hell of a increase!
I am sorry but I will not be entering as many events this year (planned 6) due to this sort of increase.

Nick

Tea Bag
Angler
Angler

Post by Tea Bag » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Why the price hike in entries Steve????

ledge n
Angler
Angler

Post by ledge n » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:07 am

[quote="Nick G"]I have just been told and then seen it on the entry forms that entry fee's have jumped up heaps!! What’s the go? $110 last year and this year $200!! [/quote]

[quote="Nick G"]I have just been told and then seen it on the entry forms that entry fee's have jumped up heaps!! What’s the go? $110 last year and this year $200!! [/quote]

WOW and I mean WOW.

this seems to me that us hobby fisherman aren't wanted in these comps

sponsor anglers or Salary employees need only apply

What is the super series entry fee? and a non boater fees?

if this is true, teams events only for me.

Ledge n

Dodgyback
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Post by Dodgyback » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Pretty happy to see an entry fee increase this year. Alot of guys were saying that they would like to see a higher prize pool. An entry increase is the way to get the prize pool increase. Good move as far as I'm concerned

DaveW
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by DaveW » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Well that was certainly a quiet one lots of discussion about dates and rules and everything else, yet the anglers had to wait until the entry forms are online to find out they're getting GOUGED even more if they want to participate.

Obviously everyone must be flush with lots of cash in these outstandingly excellent economic times to justify a price rise.

Yet again, with the only show in town if you want to fish you've got no choice but to accept it.

I may be a cynic, but it would seem it's a deliberate attempt to bring the numbers down to be easier to manage, yet keep the income stream the same.

Very poor form.

dyno355
Beginner
Beginner

Post by dyno355 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Yep i'm out, At $50 for member renewel, $200 for entry and $250 for fuel it's just too much money to fish my home water (Gippsland lakes).

Tea Bag
Angler
Angler

Post by Tea Bag » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:40 pm

The trouble is Dodgyback, with increased entry fees there will be less anglers who fish so you will be no better off, and there's a big chance that there will be even less of a prize pool. go figure!!!

Scalywag
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Scalywag » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 pm

Pretty disappointed really, I was planning to do a few boater rounds but will have to look at other options. The three events i was really looking forward to have a $400 entry fee, plus fuel, accommodation and extra days off work.
Tweed was an easy round to attend but is no longer in the calendar. GC super series is now scheduled too close to Christmas. Team events only for me I guess. Maybe 'refining' the field is part of ABT's strategic plan. Good luck to the crew who can keep it going.

Duffy1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Duffy1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:45 am

If this is true that a Super series will set you back $400 to fish than that will kill boat numbers for sure. $200 for a qualifier I can live with that. The one thing that I have noticed with the top end pay outs is that the qualifier pay out is not that far behind a super series pay out so really its not to hard to see which one gives you the best bang for your bucks.
We have a great catch and release fishing club going on the Clarence river (Clarence Valley Sport Fishing Club) which roughly follows the same rules as the ABT and the Gamma rounds. I know that a lot of our members were going to step up and fish as boaters next year but to fork out $400 to fish your home water will no doubt stamp a fair majority of them out. One thing is for sure the non boater numbers will be up but the only problem will be finding a ride.
If this ends up being the current trend I can see that Teams Events will be the way of the future and for me the only comps I can afford to fish.
I hope that I am wrong.

Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:48 am

Hi

Long time reader and angler but never contributed and I always thought people were a bit harsh on abt on this forum. seemed to me they did a good job.

Thats why I'm so surprised at whats happened and have had to write. This next year is an ill thought out disaster that shows complete disregard for the anglers. its so bad there must be another reason to do it no sensible organisation would impose an 80% price hike with no discussion and no indication of what this will help with or change. To drop a bomb like this then run away for the christmas period is just disgraceful.

As for the actual comps the pricing is ridiculous generally but having back to back SUper Series is shows how much consideration for angler went into this. $800 in entry fees within a few weeks is beyond most of the field. Pro non boater is just dumb. Thats just hoping a dumb non boater falls for it.

And if you think the prize pool will go up your looking at 30 boat fields here. It will be no different. and at the end of the day no waterway has fished that well for years that would make you think oh well this is expensive but there's a good chance of winning something back.
This has got to be a plan..abt will say oh we've listened to you and reverted back to what we had. arent we clever now people will stop whinging cos we showed them it could be worse.

It has to be that it can't be this badly done for no reason.

mr bass
Angler
Angler

Post by mr bass » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:54 am

Being mostly a Bass fisherman jumping from $165 to $200 is not as much of a jump as it is for the Bream guys.Also only haveing 4 qualifing rounds to attend and no super series i do feel for the Bream guys.What i did notice on the membership renewel was $50 for renewel/$50 for new membership which includes 2x patches plus the TAG.these are not mentioned in the renewel side but still cost the same.i always thought renewel was cheaper than a new membership?

DaveW
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by DaveW » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:02 pm

As said elsewhere, after a fairly lengthy and amicable conversation with Steve Morgan today there is plenty more to it than initially meets the eye as partially explained on the other thread.

In hindsight, I believe the announcement (or lack thereof) of the price increases was premature, and a full explanation of the reasonings should have been offered before release.

There are some fairly impressive things planned in the ABT world next year and while I still believe the price rises will deter some of the average fisho's or guys new to the sport, once everything is announced it comes down to the individual as to whether they want to participate.

My suggestion is to fully assess all aspects of the series and see if it is right for you once all information is available.

DaveW
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Post by DaveW » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:05 pm

As said elsewhere, after a fairly lengthy and amicable conversation with Steve Morgan today there is plenty more to it than initially meets the eye as partially explained on the other thread.

In hindsight, I believe the announcement (or lack thereof) of the price increases was premature, and a full explanation of the reasonings should have been offered before release.

There are some fairly impressive things planned in the ABT world next year and while I still believe the price rises will deter some of the average fisho's or guys new to the sport, once everything is announced it comes down to the individual as to whether they want to participate.

My suggestion is to fully assess all aspects of the series and see if it is right for you once all information is available.