Getting Performance from your Propellers

This board is where you will find entry forms, upcoming event notices and other official details associated with BREAM, BASS and BARRA.

Moderators: Simon Goldsmith, Stephen Booth, davidpoulton, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

Steve Morgan
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Getting Performance from your Propellers

Post by Steve Morgan » Mon May 11, 2009 12:03 pm

Boaters,

Just like we all know that if you want anything to do with batteries and charging, you see Steve Eldred at Battery Traders at Slacks Creek, I've finally found a good propeller guy that's ideal for bass-boaters.

Colin Lough from Performance Propellers in Bulimba in Brisbane is the guy to see for stainless steel propeller repairs and tune-ups.

They have a machine that measures the shape of all the blades and then the ability to straighten them out - and just as importantly - make them all identical.

Even out of the box, some of the high-dollar props are out of whack and Performance Tuning will get you that extra speed, holeshot and efficiency that you're looking for out of your boat.

Pricing's not bad, either. A 24" Raker was recently tuned for $132.

Details:

Colin Lough
Performance Propellers
80 Taylor Street
Bulimba QLD 4171

http://www.pprops.com.au

Ph (07) 3899 1501
Fax (07) 3899 9288
colin@pprops.com.au

Just thought you guys would like to know!

Cheers,

SM
ABT
ph:(07) 3387 0888
fax: (07) 3887 0889

fishconnect
Keen Angler
Keen Angler

Re: Getting Performance from your Propellers

Post by fishconnect » Mon May 11, 2009 1:04 pm

Thanks Steve,
I was just thinking of getting some work done to my dinged up prop after poor performance the Clarence comp, I will check it out.

You got any guys who fit hydraulic steering at budget prices???

What about if we all put together a networking list of businesses who can service everyones needs on the forum???

Jay

http://www.fishconnect.com.au

wayner
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Getting Performance from your Propellers

Post by wayner » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:50 pm

picked my prop up yesterday and the guys there done a great job after the rock monster took a bite out of each blade.now to get back on the water and hope i dont do it again.

wayne