Your Top 5 Bream Hall Of Fame

Tournaments and Tactics for bream, bass and barra anglers

Moderators: Big_unit, Simon Goldsmith, Stephen Booth, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

Lazzylure
Angler
Angler

Your Top 5 Bream Hall Of Fame

Post by Lazzylure » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:57 am

I was thinking last night (yeah I know, very dangerous thing to do :P ) what if the ABT had a Bream Hall of Fame who would you pick as a top 5?

Mine,
1. Tim Morgan
2. Dizzy
3. Scott Towner
4. Chris Wright
5. Steve Morgan

:mrgreen:
Fishing is not a Hobby........A Hobby is something you do in your Spare time....

hooko
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Your Top 5 Bream Hall Of Fame

Post by hooko » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Mate all these blokes are still going around! Yeah they are good but surely a pre requisite is thay you have already tied your last tournament leader. I think the likes of Starlo, Buschy and Miller rate a mention.

Tagged

Post by Tagged » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:18 pm

I agree
Tagged and Released

Simon Goldsmith
B&B Admin
B&B Admin

Post by Simon Goldsmith » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 pm

I don't see having to have stopped fishing tournaments as a pre-requist. You want to acknowledge individuals based on ability not on where they are in their tournament career, i.e having had finished fishing.

Not sure is Bushy and Miller would like to be considered finished with their tournament career. I actually saw Ian yesterday and he was just about to go and stand in the hot central Queensland sun for seven hours trying to catch barra with Carl Jocumsen.

Speaking of Carl now there's a go that would go straight into the bass fishing hall of fame and he's only at the start of his tournament career.
Regards,

Simon Goldsmith
ABT Tournament Director
simon@fishingmonthly.com.au
(07) 3387 0888
0416 068 386

Tagged

Post by Tagged » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Maybe the sport is to young for a hall of fame. When I think hall of fame I'm thinking Vic's type of back ground. There's no way I can put any of the 5 you mentioned in his class. I think a fishing hall of fame might pop up in twenty years at best and then those guys might be on the list. Depending on how many you allow in each year and what requirements are set in place to qualify.
When you say Hall of Fame for me, that name would be well known outside of that field. Wally Lewis, Tiger Woods, Micheal Jordan, Slim Dusty, Donald Bradman and the list goes on. Everyone in Australia has heard of all these people, that's the difference. To find a hall of Famer within the ABT, post a list on Facebook with some fake names and a mix of top fishermen. See if people outside of the ABT have heard of these people.
I feel a HoF entry should be a tribute to that persons involvement to that area or sport. I think it's hard to pay tribute to a career that is so young or incomplete.
Think of Grant Hill, Rookie of the Year, league leader in triple doubles, 7 time all star, bucket loads of community work, lead his team in scoring and assists, made it on all the late shows and Oprah, contracts withs Hoops and Weeties. And then a broken leg, traded to Orlando and then to Phoenix and now your thinking "who cares mate" and your right. A couple of good years or even ten good years mean nothing if you can't maintain it through your career.
If you allow these current people to be HoF members it will take away from those down the track. Make it special and don't rush in, lets see where ABT is in ten more years.
Anna might pump all the dams dry yet and sell it to China.
Tagged and Released

Lazzylure
Angler
Angler

Post by Lazzylure » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:58 am

hooko wrote:Mate all these blokes are still going around! Yeah they are good but surely a pre requisite is that you have already tied your last tournament leader. I think the likes of Starlo, Buschy and Miller rate a mention.
Yeah fair point hooko.

Fair enough Tagged but it was really only a hypothetical question rather than a suggestion :mrgreen:
Fishing is not a Hobby........A Hobby is something you do in your Spare time....

Tagged

Post by Tagged » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:18 am

I think one day this will happen, and if I had to pick someone from the ABT it would be Steve. Like I was saying with Vic, Steve performs on so many levels and not just on the water. Although he is still living his dreams and who knows where he will go with them. Think of it like this, if one of these guys was to walk and have nothing more to do with ABT, which one would have the greatest impact. For me if Tim or Carl walked away from the ABT for any reason, at what level would the ABT continue at, I believe it would continue to grow. Now picture it without Steve's support. What I'm trying to say is that HoF is a very complicated thing.
Tagged and Released