Trailer Failure - Thanks

Tournaments and Tactics for bream, bass and barra anglers

Moderators: Big_unit, Simon Goldsmith, Stephen Booth, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

470pte
Beginner
Beginner

Trailer Failure - Thanks

Post by 470pte » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Coming home from the Bribie Gamagatsu comp without knowing my SEALINK trailer winch mount separated from the mount post, leaving my boat being held on the trailer only by the additional tiedown straps. This could have been very messy on the Bruce Highway on the way home. :evil:
The area immediately around the weld had fractured in a very surgical manner, leaving the winch hanging from the bow.
I contacted Special Trailers at Brendale ( makers of SEALINK ) and dealt with Tony the main man at the business.
Despite the trailer being 5 years old, Tony handed over a new replacement mount gratis, and re-inforced some trailer maintenace points that thankfully I was already doing.
I feel I need to highlight this sort of product support, SEALINK are a small business that only uses Aussie steel. The support shown was very impressive, I can't recommend them highly enough. :D

Now off to the Barra rounds, :lol:

Ian

c.carney
Angler
Angler

Re: Trailer Failure - Thanks

Post by c.carney » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Thats great to see i had the other end of the experence.

I purchased a haines hunter patriot 760 in march that was mounted on a mackay mulit link alloy trailer. In August after being used no more then 6 times and towed for a total of no more then 800km the 2 bearings failed and on inspection a 3rd was in a bad way. I look after my gear very well and the boat and trailer is washed well after use. I got no help form mackay trailers at all and had to cop all the repair cost not good in my book.