2008 Suggestions BASS Pro

Tournaments and Tactics for bream, bass and barra anglers

Moderators: Big_unit, Simon Goldsmith, Stephen Booth, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

tonypenny
Angler
Angler

Post by tonypenny » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:52 pm

You could still have the 3 comps per state , but you must fish at least 1 comp in another state to qualify for overall Australian Bass Pro AOY with no GF.
Whats the point of having seperate AOY in each state if your gonna have the GF in another.

Duck

Post by Duck » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:51 pm

I find the no pre-fish concept an interesting one. At first I didn’t like the idea despite having previously fished the NSW Bass Pro series where there was no Friday pre-fish. This was not as great an issue there as the ban was only for one week and most anglers were on the water the previous weekend. I see the no pre-fish day mostly disadvantaging interstate anglers and those visiting an impoundment for the first time. Even so, it is often difficult to crack a pattern on a pre-fish day and if you do sting a few it can often be luck of a bite more than a pattern. Good examples are those who do catch a few in the pre-fish, however, don’t reproduce the result during the event.

As we all know you need to have a plan going into the first session and those anglers who have not been on the water two weeks prior are at a big disadvantage. I am still not convinced of no pre-fish, however, I see where those who support the no pre-fish are coming from.

How could this be used to make an even field for all anglers?

I think this can be achieved if the pre-fish ban was extended to one month prior the event, not to give the fish a rest, however, to place all anglers on a more level playing field. To assist all in developing a tournament plan anglers are permitted on the waterway on the Friday, however, no rods, reels or lures are permitted onboard. This would allow anglers that are not familiar with the waterway an opportunity to check it out and all to sound out areas to build a plan around. I think the same could apply to bream as well, making it a fair deal for all.

Cheers,
Steve

miked
Angler
Angler

Post by miked » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:43 pm

Why not consider running a trial of the no prefish day idea next year.
So travelling interstate anglers aren't overly disadvantaged it could be trialed for 1 NSW round and also 1 Qld round.
Mike

wayne g parry
Beginner
Beginner

Post by wayne g parry » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:14 pm

We need the friday pre fish to get over thursday night drinks! :lol:

paulf
Angler
Angler

Post by paulf » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Just imagine that with no prefish day not having to put up with the drunken idiots carrying on till all hours of the early morning abusing people, throwing things about etc. ( NOT to mention harassing my wife in the female toilets ).
I'm all for no prefish day.
But then the Friday night briefing will probably be a mess ??
Still Trying

wayne g parry
Beginner
Beginner

Post by wayne g parry » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:38 am

Loosen up paul you might engoy your self.

wayne g parry
Beginner
Beginner

Post by wayne g parry » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:42 am

Enjoy!!( too many drunken nights)

Bruce Anderson
Angler
Angler

prefish

Post by Bruce Anderson » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 am

Some like to go there to have a few beers and catch up with mates and have a wrestle and after that if they do well in a tourno its just a bonus.
Others like to take things a little bit more serious and go to nighty nights early .
Takes all types i don't think it really matters that much.
Prefish days are great, can be treated as a relaxed or serious day.
To Quote John Schofield . " No good winning the prefish "
Last edited by Bruce Anderson on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Breamster
Angler
Angler

Post by Breamster » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Yeah a mate was telling me how some of these drunken idiots where getting behind a wheel of skeeters & simular high powered boats still pissed from the night before.We'd all hate to see a serious accident as a result.

I'd like to see tournement organizers breathlise all competitors each morning.If there over .05 maybe they shouldn't fish until under .05?

paulf
Angler
Angler

Post by paulf » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:25 pm

Its fine for people to have a few drinks and catch up with mates, I'm fine with that.
I'm not that serious about comps I want to win of course but not at all costs I don't go to bed early just because its a comp etc.
Last edited by paulf on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Trying

wayne g parry
Beginner
Beginner

Post by wayne g parry » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:13 pm

Paul, that sort of stuff isnt good and if that happend to my wife i would be pissed off too, Im just having a joke, we had better catch up next season for a quiet beer.

JAS
Angler
Angler

Post by JAS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi,
Here are some suggestions,
1. have the briefing 1/2 to 1 hr earlier.
2. have prize's for the top 10 in a grand final for both divisions
3. keep the rest the same
Cheers
Jesper