port macq entry fee

Tournaments and Tactics for bream, bass and barra anglers

Moderators: Big_unit, Simon Goldsmith, Stephen Booth, chris byrnes, Steve Morgan, Elliot Fooks

breamo
Beginner
Beginner

port macq entry fee

Post by breamo » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:11 pm

:| Just a quick question; Can anyone please explain to me and others why the entry is so highly priced when you can do the highlander 4 $120 per team with prize money $2000 for first and every team gets a enters goody bag,key tag draw for other prizes. This is a ONE DAY COMP.
I can"t justify the price for a comp that's two days for that price money and no extra inscentive. :| :| :|

angling-addict
Angler
Angler

Re: port macq entry fee

Post by angling-addict » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:37 pm

breamo wrote::| Just a quick question; Can anyone please explain to me and others why the entry is so highly priced when you can do the highlander 4 $120 per team with prize money $2000 for first and every team gets a enters goody bag,key tag draw for other prizes. This is a ONE DAY COMP.
I can"t justify the price for a comp that's two days for that price money and no extra inscentive. :| :| :|

I can't justify a $50 000 boat and half that again on gear and associated costs to fish comps like a plethora of other anglers, but we still do it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the inscentive is trying to beat not only the fish, but some of the best anglers on the tournament trail.......... if it was prize money I'd be playing golf or soccer :lol: Mind you, I wouldn't exactly call some of the prizes shabby with not only good $ up for grabs, but entries to finals with boats or cars up for grabs :!:
I love a full bag....... But I love emptying it better

Dodgyback
Serious Angler
Serious Angler

Post by Dodgyback » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:40 pm

Not trying to be smart here mate, but if the entry price is too high for you, just don't enter.
There are plenty of comps around these days so just pick the ones that suit your needs and budget.
Pretty simple
I still hate Flathead

alpharipper
Angler
Angler

Post by alpharipper » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:26 pm

This is right, dont enter if you dont want to go, Non boaters pay $120.00 ?? dont they, to possibly win some prizes and no prize money, but we do it. The love of sport is what it is about, well thats what I think anyway, cost of rods etc etc should not come into it, you have to pa for your equipment. In any case is Port classic only $165 divided by two ??? Cheap comp and it gives me the chance to win money??? (not that I care) I love the sport and the freindships I have made, money and prizes are only a second thought.

Hope to see everyone there and enjoy the comp. I am taking my busted arse boat and a mate a going to have a ball, win loose or draw.

Happy fishing.
PB
Bream / Bait 42cm
Bream / Lures 38cm
Flathead Lure 94cm